Briar is the newest League of Legends champion. She went live on the PBE alongside Patch 13.17, hitting the live servers, so players can expect her to be on live on September 13.
Briar is an escaped Noxian prisoner out to experience the world. The secretive Black Rose cult of LeBlanc fame made Brair into a weapon using blood magic to be deployed as one of their assassins.
Unfortunately for them, Briar was a wild berserker incapable of controlling herself. Her rampage went far beyond her single target. In an attempt to control her, the Black Rose put a pillory with a magic gem on her to try and control her.
They failed and on her second-ever mission, Brair was captured by Swain’s forces and imprisoned.
Briar League of Legends lane
Briar is a diver and a berserker designed for the jungle. Taking inspiration from Eastern European vampire folklore (a far cry from the Vladimir-style suave and cultured vampires), Briar is a frenzied monster that constantly seeks out bloody violence.
Don’t Jinx yourself– enjoy the excellent lumbar support available from the Secret Lab x League of Legends Collaboration Chair!
Briar skills and passive
- Crimson Curse (Passive): Briar’s attacks and abilities apply a stacking bleed that grant her Lifesteal. She gains increased healing which lower her health, but has no innate health regeneration. On takedown of a bleeding enemy, she heals for any remaining bleed damage.
- Head Rush (Q): Briar leaps to a unit. She stuns the target, deals damage and reduces armor.
- Blood Frenzy (W): Briar leaps forward and shatters her pillory to enter a Blood Frenzy. She relentlessly pursues the nearest enemy (prioritizing champions). While frenzied, Briar gains increased Attack Speed and Move Speed and her attacks apply Cleave. Briar can cancel her Blood Frenzy state with her E ability.
- Snack Attack (W): If Briar reactivates W during Frenzy, she will Chomp on her next attack, dealing additional damage based on their missing health. It will also heal her based on the damage dealt.
- Chilling Scream (E): Briar focuses her mind to remove the effects of Bloody Frenzy (W). She can charge to release a scream in a cone that damages and slows enemies. While charging, she takes reduced damage and heals for a portion of her max health. When fully charged, the scream adds a knockback and does extra damage. Enemies knocked back into a wall are also stunned.
- Certain Death (R): Briar kicks a gem for semi-global skill shot, marking the first champion hit as her prey. She will then charge straight at the marked champion, fearing enemies on arrival and entering an empowered Blood Frenzy state. In addition to normal Blood Frenzy, she gains extra Armor, Magic Resist, Lifesteal and Move Speed.
Julie Nathanson League of Legends
Briar’s debut cinematic shows her escaping from prison to see the world. Improbably perky, Briar is very much in the Jinx camp of “manic pixie wild girl” territory.
Briar is voiced in English by Julie Nathanson, best known for voicing Disney princess Belle from 2011. In video games, Julie Nathanson might be familiar to Call of Duty: Black Ops players as Samantha Maxis, or as Jess Black in Far Cry 5.
The voice over team at Riot chose Nathanson for her ability to portray both Briar’s regular cheerfulness and her feral frenzy.