1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a certain webpage. Cookies are then sent back to the originating webpage on each subsequent visit, or to another webpage that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are widely used in order to make the Website work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to Gamerz Inc DBA Gamelevate as the owner of our Websites.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. Cookies may tell us, for example, whether you have visited our Websites before or whether you are a new visitor. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First-party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device.
- Third-party cookies, which are served by a third party on our behalf. We use third- party cookies for functionality, performance / analytics, advertising and social media purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are “session cookies”, meaning that they exist only while your browser is open. Session cookies are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are “permanent cookies”, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. Permanent cookies can be used by our Websites to recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
- track traffic flow and patterns of travel in connection with our Websites;
- understand the total number of visitors to our Website on an ongoing basis and the types of internet browsers (e.g. Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer) and operating systems (e.g. Windows or Mac OS) used by our visitors;
- monitor the performance of our Websites and to continually improve them;
- customize and enhance your online experience; and
- enable Gamelevate and third parties to advertise both on and off our Websites.
We use pixel tags in combination with cookies. A pixel tag is a type of technology which is placed on a website or within an email and used for the purpose of tracking activity on a website. We use information collected from pixel tags, along with information collected from cookies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
3. What types of cookies do we use?
The types of cookies used by us and our partners in connection with our Websites can be classified into one of five categories, namely “Essential Cookies”, “Functionality Cookies”, “Performance/Analytics Cookies”, “Advertising/Tracking Cookies”, and “Social Media Cookies”. We’ve set out some further information about each category, and the purposes of the cookies we and third parties set in the following table.
|Cookies necessary for essential Website purposes (“Essential Cookies”)These cookies are essential to provide you access to our Websites and any services available through our Websites and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.|
Functionality cookies record information about choices you’ve made and allow us to tailor our Websites to you. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to our Websites, we can provide you with our services as you have asked for them to be provided. For example, these cookies allow us to:
– Save your location preference if you have set your location on your homepage, if applicable, in order to receive a local weather forecast;
– Remember settings you have applied, such as layout, text size, preferences, and colors;
– Show you when you are logged in; and
– Store accessibility options.
We use performance/analytics cookies to analyze how our Websites are being accessed, used, or are performing in order to provide you with a better user experience and to maintain, operate and continually improve our Websites. For example, these cookies allow us to:
– Better understand our Website visitors so that we can improve how we present our content;
– Test different design ideas for particular pages, such as our homepage;
– Collect information about our Website visitors such as where they are located and what browsers they are using;
– Identifying the devices used by our Website visitors;
– Determine the number of unique users of our Websites;
– Improve our Websites by measuring any errors that occur; and
– Conduct research and diagnostics to improve product offerings.
|Advertising/ Tracking Cookies|
As you use our Websites, you will notice that they feature advertising. We allow third-party companies, including advertising companies, to place cookies on our Websites. These cookies enable such companies to track your activity across various sites where they display ads and record your activities so they can show ads that they consider relevant to you as you browse the Internet. These cookies are anonymous — they store information about the content you are browsing, but not about who you are.Cookies also allow us and third parties to know whether you’ve seen an ad or a type of ad, and how long it has been since you’ve last seen it. This information is used for frequency capping purposes to avoid you seeing the same ad multiple times, to help tailor the ads you see, to detect and prevent click fraud, and to measure the effectiveness of ads.
|Social Media Cookies|
On some pages of our Websites, third parties that provide applications through our Websites may set their own anonymous cookies in order to track the success of their applications or customize applications for you. For example, when you share an article using a social media sharing button on our Websites (e.g., Twitter or Facebook), the social network that has created the button will record that you have done this. Because of how cookies work, we cannot access these cookies, nor can the third parties access the data in cookies used by us. Some pages of our Websites may also contain embedded content, such as video content from YouTube or Vimeo, and these sites may set their own cookies.
4. How to control or delete cookies
Most browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser.
All cookies controlled by Gamelevate automatically expire within a period of up to 6 months from acceptance, unless you as the user delete them sooner.
6. Cookies that have been set in the past
If you have disabled one or more Cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
7. Contact us
If you have any questions or comments about this cookies policy, or privacy matters generally, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. CCPA: Do not sell my personal information