For the Fortnite players that really enjoy burning enemies in their builds, this patch is for you! Although fire damage had not been completely eliminated this season, the chances of getting burned had been greatly reduced. Well, in Patch V21.51 Epic Games has re-introduced the Primal Flame Bow and the Dragon Breath’s Shotguns to appease those fire-hungry Fortnite players.
In addition, this patch has made some interesting updates to Fortnite for item shop purchases, and purchase cancellations, along with some social chat setting tweaks. With that being said let’s take a look at all the specifics of this latest update from Epic:
FIRE WITH FIRE WEEK
In Fire with Fire Week, the Primal Flame Bow and Dragon’s Breath Shotgun will rise from the ashes. To coincide with these unvaults, Firefly Jars will be available at a red-hot rate. Want to put out the fun of the fires? Fear not: Chug Cannons will be in increased supply too. Complete special Quests for XP while using Firefly Jars and Chug Cannons, and while rekindling old flames with the returning items.
You’ll be able to find Primal Flame Bows and Dragon’s Breath Shotguns from the ground and Chests. (Find Arrows from the ground and Ammo Boxes!) Firefly Jars will be findable from the ground and Chests as usual, but with higher availability. And you can spend Bars for Chug Cannons as before, but they’ll be findable from the ground and Chests also! When Fire with Fire Week starts, see the Quests in the “Fire with Fire Week” category on the Quests page.
- The Fire with Fire Week changes will not be included in competitive playlists.
NEW PURCHASE AND CANCELLATION FEATURES
- Hold to purchase: Fortnite now has a hold-to-purchase mechanic for all in-game purchases. We continue to support the “Cancel Purchase” and “Return Ticket” features that have been in place.
- Extending the purchase cancellation window: You can now cancel in-game cosmetic purchases made with V-Bucks until you equip the item during gameplay or until 24 hours go by, whichever comes first. Within this cancellation window, you’ll also see a reminder of the policy when equipping your purchased cosmetic while queued up for a match or during gameplay. Saving payment information: When you enter a new payment method, we now ask if you’d like to save it with a Yes/No choice, rather than offering a checkbox on the page.
- Updated policy for chargebacks: We’ve made changes to our chargeback policy to better account for certain non-fraud-related scenarios that could result in a chargeback. A chargeback happens when an unauthorized transaction is reported to a bank and the transaction is reversed.
UPDATED SOCIAL SETTINGS, PLAYER REPORTING, AND ENFORCEMENT OPTIONS
- Additional privacy options for chat: You can choose to voice chat with “Everybody,” “Friends and Teammates,” “Friends Only,” or “Nobody.” Parents can also choose to limit which of these settings are available to players when they set up Parental Controls.
- Parental Controls: In-game Parental Controls have been moved up in the main Lobby menu. We also recently introduced a setting that enables parents to require that their Parental Controls PIN be entered before their child can send or accept friend requests.
- Default settings for players under 18: Players who have indicated they are under the age of 18 will now see some settings reset to the highest privacy option. Chat defaults to “Nobody,” player profile details default to hidden, parties default to “Invite Only,” and personalized recommendations are turned off. Players under 16 also now have the mature language filter defaulted to on.
If your defaults have changed, you will be notified and will have the option to change your account settings if they are not otherwise restricted by Parental Controls.
- New ways to help address bad behavior: We introduced a ban from using social features (e.g. use chat, add friends) to help address bad behavior.