Vladimir is one of the most feared champions in League of Legends: Wild Rift. He can dominate the lane, teamfights, and late game if left unchecked. For this reason players who know the best Wild Rift Vladimir counters are ahead.
Although very powerful in the right hands, Vladimir is not invincible. There are a number of champions, items, and strategies that can be used to counter him.
Now that Vladimir is in Wild Rift, it’s time to discuss the best Wild Rift Vladimir counters. Explore what champions, items, and strategies you can use to shut him down.
Best Champions to Counter Vladimir in Wild Rift
The first step for Wild Rift Vladimir counters is to pick a champion that can exploit his weaknesses. Remember to choose a champion according to your playstyle. Vladimir is weak against champions who can:
- Burst him down before he can heal
- Outrange him and poke him from a safe distance
- Apply grievous wounds to reduce his healing
- Lock him down with crowd control and prevent him from escaping
Some of the best champions who can counter Vladimir are:
Kassadin is an anti-mage assassin who can silence, slow, and burst Vladimir with his abilities.
He can use his 1st ability, Null Sphere, to poke and silence Vladimir, preventing him from casting his spells and healing. He can also use his 3rd ability, Force Pulse, to slow Vladimir and deal AoE damage.
Kassadin’s ultimate, Riftwalk, allows him to blink in and out of fights, dodging Vladimir’s abilities and finishing him off.
Orianna is a control mage who can outrange and zone Vladimir with her ball.
She can use her 1st ability, Command: Attack, to move her ball and deal damage to Vladimir. She can also use her 2nd ability, Command: Dissonance, to speed herself up and slow Vladimir down, making it easier to kite him.
Orianna’s ultimate, Command: Shockwave, can pull Vladimir and his allies towards her ball and deal massive damage.
Zed is a shadow assassin who can outplay and kill Vladimir with his mobility and damage.
He can use his 2nd ability, Living Shadow, to create a shadow clone and swap places with it, dodging Vladimir’s abilities and harassing him with his shurikens. Zed’s ultimate, Death Mark, can mark Vladimir and deal a percentage of the damage he takes after a few seconds.
Zed can also use his ultimate ability again to return to his original position, escaping from Vladimir’s pool or tower.
Best Items to Counter Vladimir in Wild Rift
The second step to Wild Rift Vladimir counters is to build items that can counter his healing and damage. Some of the best items to counter Vladimir are:
Morellonomicon is a magic penetration item that also applies grievous wounds to enemies hit by your abilities, reducing their healing. This item is essential for any mage who wants to counter Vladimir’s healing and deal more damage to him.
Mortal Reminder is an armor penetration item that also applies grievous wounds to enemies hit by your basic attacks, reducing their healing. This item is ideal for any marksman or fighter who wants to counter Vladimir’s healing and shred his armor.
Spirit Visage is a magic resistance item that also increases your own healing. This item is perfect for any tank or bruiser who wants to survive Vladimir’s damage and heal back up.
Best Strategies to Counter Vladimir in Wild Rift
The third step to Wild Rift Vladimir counters is to use strategies that can prevent him from scaling and carrying the game. Some of the best strategies to counter Vladimir are:
- Play aggressively in the early game. Vladimir is weak in the early game, as he has high cooldowns, low damage, and low health. You can abuse this by trading with him whenever he tries to farm or poke you. Try to force him out of the lane or kill him before he gets his items and levels.
- Deny him farm and experience. Vladimir relies on farm and experience to scale into the late game. You can deny him these by freezing the wave near your tower, zoning him away from the minions, or roaming and taking objectives with your team. The less farm and experience he gets, the less impact he will have in the game.
- Focus him in teamfights. Vladimir is a huge threat in teamfights, as he can deal massive AoE damage and heal himself with his abilities. You should focus him in teamfights and try to kill him before he can unleash his full potential. Use your crowd control abilities to lock him down and burst him down with your team.
Vladimir is not an easy champion to dominate. However, skilled players can easily dominate a game when left alone. You now have the tools to take down the Crimson Reaper. Use the best Wild Rift Vladimir counters and don’t forget to have fun!