If your VALORANT download or update is stuck at 89 percent or any other percentage, in this article you will find some useful tips and steps to follow in order to fix this issue.
We know that this type of thing is annoying, so this is why we have decided to create an ad-hoc how-to guide to help you solve this problem.
What can I do if my VALORANT download or update is stuck?
If you want to fix the VALORANT stuck at 89 percent issue, we advise you to follow all the steps that we are going to outline in this article. By following these tips, you will most likely be able to solve the problem.
There are different steps that you need to do in order to fix the problem. Here they are:
- Restart the Riot Client launcher.
- Check your internet connection.
- Close bandwidth-hogging apps.
- Reset Network Settings.
- Set Riot Client Priority to High.
- Allow Riot Client through your Firewall.
Restart the Riot Client launcher
The problem could have been brought on by a short-term Riot Client bug. So, if the case applies, restarting the Riot Client launcher should solve the issue. Check if this resolves the problem for you. If not, you can proceed to the following possible repair method.
Check your internet connection
For Valorant to be downloaded or updated, you must have a steady, fast internet connection. The current problem could be experienced if your internet connection is unstable and unreliable. As a result, you must be certain. Therefore, you must ensure that your internet connection is reliable and has a fast internet speed.
Close bandwidth-hogging apps
On your PC, having too many background bandwidth-consuming programs running may be the root of the issue. Your Valorant download or upgrade may become permanently stopped at 0.1 kbps as the apps utilize the necessary internet speed and bandwidth. Therefore, in this situation, turning off such apps will be effective.
Reset Network Settings
You can try resetting your network settings to see if it resolves the issue or if it was brought on by network conflicts. Additionally, it resets your IP address and reinstalls corrupted network adapters.
Set Riot Client Priority to High
To increase the download speed of VALORANT, you can also try setting the priority of the Riot Client to High. You can try this and see if it helps you fix the problem at hand since it has worked for many impacted people.
- First, launch Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Find the Riot Client in the list of processes on the Processes tab and then right-click on it.
- Next, choose Go to Details from the context menu.
- Right-click RiotClientService.exe after choosing it.
- Finally, select High under the Set Priority option.
Allow Riot Client through your Firewall
Your firewall could be the problem because it’s obstructing the download of VALORANT. By enabling Riot Client across your Firewall, you should be able to resolve the issue if the situation applies.
- To start the Firewall & Network Protection application, first, use the taskbar search to enter “Firewall & Network Protection,” then click the first result.
- In the left side panel, select the option labeled “Allow an app through the firewall.”
- Then, on the page for Allowed Apps, click the Change Settings button.
- The Riot Client checkbox should then be enabled. You can choose the Riot Client executable file by clicking the Select the Allow another program > Browse button and then browsing if it is not already displayed.
- After completing this step, turn on Riot Client’s Public and Private checkboxes.
- In order to see if the issue has been resolved, click the OK button to apply the modifications.
Why is the VALORANT download or update stuck?
There are plenty of reasons why your VALORANT download (or update) is stuck and you are not able to let it finish. Here we listed some of them.
Most likely, a shaky internet connection is what’s causing the problem. As a result, ensure sure you are using a reliable internet connection. It might also happen if you’re having trouble with your DNS server. If the situation applies, you might want to consider moving to a more dependable DNS server.
The issue with the stuck VALORANT download may be brought on by your network settings. To solve the issue, you might attempt to reset your network settings. Your firewall may also be at blame for the issue. It can be obstructing the download of VALORANT, causing the download to become unresponsive. If this is the case, you can resolve the problem by allowing Riot Client over your firewall.