Also included are a number of Agent bug fixes and a new feature called Real-Time Text Evaluation. This feature allows players to feel safer engaging with their teammates and opponents. The Riot Team has provided the patch note details below:
VALORANT Patch Notes 5.10 – AGENT UPDATES
As the game has evolved, we’ve seen Cypher’s presence and relative impact on the roster fall off. We attribute part of this to Chamber coming to dominate the Sentinel slot more than we think is healthy. We also have found that Cypher’s Trapwire setups have become too predictable and easy to counter. In addition, his Ultimate has felt lacking both in restrictions required to pull it off and the reward for doing so.
The increase in Trapwire distance should open up a lot of new potential setups for Cypher. This will allow him to mix up his play patterns. It will force his enemies to slow down and move carefully through the map – if they want to spot them without being caught.
Cypher Ultimate Updates
Removing the time restriction on enemy corpses should make his Ultimate more accessible than it has been in the past and allow for Cypher to feel more agency when he initiates Neural Theft while adding a second ping should create a more precise period of time where Cypher is pulling the strings, taking in the information on the enemies initial location and setting up strategic moves based on the pressure of the second. We hope that these updates get Cypher mains out there coming up with new setups for their information webs and that, when paired with upcoming updates to Chamber, help him reclaim a compelling spot amongst his peers.
- Maximum Trapwire length increased 1000 >>> 1500.
- Neural Theft
- Now reveals enemies two times. There is a four-second delay between the reveals.
- The time restriction to cast on enemy corpses has been removed.
- Maximum cast distance increased 1200 >>> 1800.
- Quality of Life
- Updated the yellow silhouette used for Cypher’s reveal on Spycam and Neural Theft.
- Yellow silhouette now disappears if the revealed enemy becomes visible to you to help reduce confusion of seeing two representations of the enemy in different places.
- Yellow silhouette now starts dimmer and fades faster to make it more distinguishable from an actual enemy.
- Cypher’s placed utility is no longer destroyed by allies’ AOE damage.
Related Gamelevate articles about VALORANT Agents:
Fade’s Prowlers have been a versatile and difficult-to-play-against ability that we’re looking to sharpen with these changes. The duration changes encourage Fade to be more deliberate in the areas she chooses to sweep, while the other tweaks to the ability are meant to help enemies on the counterplay side of things.
The Nightfall cost is increasing in price, as we’ve found the baseline value of the Ultimate to be on the higher end compared to other Ultimates in the game.
- Duration reduced from 3 >>> 2.5 seconds. (Time the prowler is alive without a trail).
- Delay on bite after reaching target increased .4 >>> .6 seconds.
- Hitbox improvements.
- Nearsight duration on hit reduced 3.5 >>> 2.75 seconds.
- Prowlers now fizzle out and no longer debuff instead of debuffing their target if they teleported away before it finished its animation.
- Cost increased 7 >>> 8.
Harbor abilities all make a healthy round impact, but we saw some players new to Harbor not using their abilities enough and feeling too constrained. We hope these changes make it easier for players to hit the ground running with Harbor and for skilled Harbor players to achieve more flexibility when controlling the map.
Number of purchasable charges 1 >>> 2
Related Gamelevate articles about VALORANT Agents:
VALORANT Patch Notes 5.10 – GAMEPLAY SYSTEMS UPDATES
REAL-TIME TEXT EVALUATION (NA ONLY TO START)
- In addition to our existing interventions, we are launching a new feature to begin muting players in chat who send disruptive text messages in-game. Interventions for disruptive text will now be applied sooner rather than later as we continue updating our systems to evaluate more types of text communication.
- These improvements will be added to North America first and expanded to more regions in the near future.
- With the implementation of more immediate text evaluation, we hope to detect and reduce disruptive situations while players are still in-game and help you feel safer to engage in VALORANT.
- Menus Update: Having heard about the pain caused by removing one-click access to most of the menus, that functionality has returned in the form of icon buttons in the universal navigation at the top of the screen. You’ll now be able to jump from Home, Battlepass, Agents, Career, Collection, and Store with one click from anywhere. Not sure what icon is what? Give them a hover.
- Like most changes, this one isn’t final and will be adjusted based on your feedback!
- Doors will now destroy placeable objects as soon as they come into contact with them, as opposed to only the moment the door is closed
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Auto-Reject Friend Requests: On” notification to be misaligned in the Social Panel for some languages.
VALORANT Patch Notes 5.10 – BUGS
- Fixed a bug where Astra could cast a fake Nebula right at the start of a round before her Star charged up.
- Fixed a bug where Chamber would fail to equip a gun at the start of a new round.
- Fixed Harbor’s Cascade being visible on Minimap for enemies with vision of it.
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade would sometimes spawn under the map.
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade targeter on the minimap would shorten when aiming up or down even though the Cascade would travel the same distance.
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade targeter on the minimap was slightly shorter than the actual distance it would travel.
- Fixed a bug where Neon’s Slide could be used to boost upwards in specific map locations.