Riot Games has been listening to its players and recently introduced changes to the Ares weapon in the latest episode 4 patch.
The Ares became overpowered for its price because it could land shots on enemies quickly, while also dealing close to the same amount of damage as the Phantom and Vandal. In this latest patch, Riot is making it harder for players to spam the Ares by increasing the price, increasing the pitch recoil, and changing how crouching affects spread and recoil.
A welcome quality-of-life improvement by the Valorant team is the addition of the Muted Words List. This change allows players the ability to remove unwanted chat words based on their own preferences. It is a good step towards reducing the toxicity that some may be experiencing during gameplay. The full patch notes are as follows;
Muted Words List added to the settings
- Muted Word List is a new section you will find in your settings where you can type in variations of words/phrases that you, personally, would not like to see appear in-game
- We admit that some players are often smarter than our automated bad word detection system and continually find creative ways to type things we don’t want to in chat. This is why we need your help to make our detections better! Help us, help you 🙂
- For example: Let’s say “Riot” is a bad word (scary, I know). Our detection may catch the word “Riot” as one that should be blocked and penalized, but there’s a variety of different ways to spell Riot that we may not be catching: R!ot, R!0t, Ri0t, etc.
- And no, you won’t get “League of Legends” banned from chat
- We’re hoping that we can leverage the lists that you and others create to make the chat less toxic by comparing them across regions, and using the data we collect to improve our own detections of bad words. Thanks in advance for all that are willing to lend a hand. Let’s make VALORANT a better place for everyone!
- Price increased from 1550 >>> 1600
- Pitch recoil increased
- Spread changed from .8 >>> .7 after 10 bullets to 1.0 >>> .7 after 13 bullets
- Crouch benefits spread and recoil reduced from 40% >>> 25%
Melee (but for real this time)
The melee’s been too tricky to aim with, making it tough to rely on. So we’ve updated both left and right-click melee attacks for more reliable Agent-whacking action.
- Right click hitboxes are now 1.5x larger. Left click hitboxes are now larger than a right click and have a slightly longer range too.
- Targets closer to the center of your knife attacks will get hit first, so you still have precision if you need it.
- Bonus: Knifing walls now have instant feedback when slicing up walls (predicted on the client side)
- Fixed a bug where the Origin collection idle animations weren’t playing for some levels and variants in Spectator mode
- Fixed an issue where observer player hotkeys would change after side-swap.
- Fixed an issue where performance charts that require NVIDIA Reflex were displayed and could not be hidden