In response to community feedback and the need for game balance, the Riot development team has implemented a Killjoy nerf in VALORANT Patch 6.03.
In a previous patch, The VALORANT team made balance adjustments to Chamber and increased the reliability of her Lockdown. Because of this, Killjoy emerged as the top Sentinel Agent in VALORANT.
The development team chose not to reduce Killjoy’s Turret health in Patch 5.12. This was due to her position within the ecosystem at the time.
However, with Killjoy’s current dominance in the game, the team has now nerfed some of her abilities.
Here are the full patch notes:
KILLJOY (Killoy Nerf)
- Turret (E) health decreased 125 >>> 100
- Reducing the total health of the Turret will allow opponents to have an easier time destroying it, particularly with weaker weapons.
- Lockdown (X) point cost increased 7 >>> 8
- We’re happy with Killjoy’s Ult being powerful when opponents don’t have a plan to push or contest it, but feel the frequency is too high for the reliability it now offers.
We feel the duration of Boom Bot has led to a larger recon footprint than we felt was healthy, in regards to the ability’s secondary output.
We are decreasing the amount of space the ability can cover in order to sharpen Boom Bot as a tool Raze and her team can use to follow up around angles.
- Boom Bot (C) duration decreased 10s >>> 5s
GAMEPLAY SYSTEMS UPDATES
- Adjusted the Firing Error graph to use worst-case error represented as degrees from the aim direction. The graph now reports the worst-case error degrees of a possible bullet vector—before it didn’t account for the generation of the actual error vector.
- Introduced a new setting “Operator (Hold)” which allows those of you in Toggle Mode to hold Secondary Fire to go to Level 2 zoom. (Pre-Patch 6.0 zoom behavior).
- Restored weapon zoom to pre-Patch 6.0 behavior when transitioning from weapon equip to Zoom/Aim Down Sights.
- Remember when we told you the Swiftplay Beta would end in January? We sorta lied. Everyone decided to just keep it on. Please keep sending us your feedback, though!
- Added Real-Time Text Evaluation (NA only to start) to the Agent Select screen.
- Adjusted Sage, Neon, Jett, and Yoru’s hair heights to fit within our standardized vertical range
- AI (such as Skye’s Seekers [X]) will now travel through the crouch-only connection on Pearl near the Defender’s spawn area
- Fixed a bug where KAY/O would sometimes be able to move after being downed during NULL/cmd (X)
- Fixed a bug on Fracture where a player could fall off and die if two players ride the zipline at the same time. Thanks for the report on Reddit!
- Fixed a bug where disconnecting and reconnecting multiple times in a round could cause a door on any map to incorrectly appear open or shut.
- Fixed a bug where rapidly spamming the Marshall’s zoom button could cause the scope to get stuck cycling in and out.