October is here which means Scream Fortress XV has arrived for TF2!
With this Halloween focused updated comes new maps and cosmetics.
So lets take a look at this new spooky intel…
Team Fortress 2 Scream Fortress XV New Update
It’s Halloween month, and we know what that means. Yet another Team Fortress Scream Fortress update is in queue.
With it comes a whopping 12 new community maps, notably Devastation and Spineyard. These are all community-made maps created by dedicated fans.
Also a new Halloween-themed case called Bone-Chilling Bonanza Case. This contains 25 new cosmetics, also community-made.
And 4 new community taunts themed around the spooky season as well as 20 new unusual effects for items.
But, Valve have made it possible for players to obtain a large amount of these items before the Screamfest is over on November 7th. With over 40 new Halloween contracts players have the chance to win a halloween case each time which contains one new item.
However, the biggest addition from this update has to be the newest Infection Game mode. This community-made game mode pits players against zombie AI. Somewhat like in Man vs. Machine, players team up together to fight off the zombie hord. All players have to do is fend off each round while avoiding being killed by the infected. Currently, there is only one map that is playable, much like the Saxton Hale game mode from the Summer Update earlier this year.
There is also a player-controlled version of the game mode where the zombies are manually controlled. This is very similar to the Left 4 Dead style of gameplay also made by Valve. The more players the infected kill, the more players join their side until no one is left. Each class has a unique playstyle, even when playing as infected.
Here is the full update list of addons:
- Featuring 12 new community maps: Perks, Slime, Lava Pit, Mannsylvania, Sandcastle, Spineyard, Corruption, Murky, Atoll, Woods, Sanitarium, and Devastation
- Added the Bone-Chilling Bonanza Case
- Contains 25 new community-created cosmetic items that make up the Bone-Chilling Bonanza Collection
- Has a chance to give one of 4 new community-created Halloween-restricted items as a bonus item
- Has a chance to give a taunt Unusualifier as a bonus item
- Added 4 new community-contributed taunts to the Mann Co. Store
- Taunt: The Crypt Creeper
- Taunt: Roar O’War
- Taunt: Neck Snap
- Taunt: Borrowed Bones
- Added 20 new community-created Unusual effects
- 13 new effects for Unusual hats
- 7 new effects for Unusual taunts
- All players who launch the game will receive a Soul Gargoyle if they don’t already have one
- Grants access to Merasmissions and Halloween item transmutations
- Tracks Merasmissions completed and souls collected
- All Halloween Contracts have been reset, allowing them to be completed again
- Added new Contracts for this year’s featured community maps
- Completing a Halloween Contract will give players a classic Halloween item and the chance for a Bone-Chilling Bonanza Case
- Continue last year’s event by collecting the souls of dead players for your Soul Gargoyle by killing enemies, doing map objectives, or collecting the Soul Gargoyles that spawn in the maps
- All cosmetic and taunt Cases will grant Halloween 2023 Unusual effects instead of their normal Unusual effects during the event. This does not include Crates.
- Join Halloween matches by using the Special Events category in Casual
- Scream Fortress XV runs through November 7th, 2023