Sova is the most played agent in VALORANT professional play and there is a reason. He is an irreplaceable supportive agent as his kit enables his teammates to become their best. His kit brings a ton of utility to the team. It allows him to locate and distract enemies while enabling his team to pop off.
Let’s take a deep dive into the agent’s kit. You can use this Sova guide to your advantage and win ranked games.
Related Gamelevate articles about other VALORANT Agents:
Q – SHOCK BOLT
EQUIP a bow with a shock bolt. FIRE to send the explosive forward, detonating upon collision and damaging players nearby. HOLD FIRE to extend the range of the projectile. ALTERNATE FIRE to add up to two bounces to this arrow, one of the most important abilities in this Sova guide.
Tips on how to use Sova’s Shock Bolt
- The main use case of the Shock Bolt is to poke down enemies. It is not the best tool to kill enemies but it is great for distraction and poke damage. Use your arrows to poke early.
- Shock Bolt is easy to dodge and 1 Shock Bolt will not kill a full hp enemy. Therefore, peeking with Shock Bolt in hand is really dangerous as your enemy can one-tap you and you can’t one-tap them. Try to utilize its range and shoot your bolts from where the enemies can’t see you.
- Shock Bolt is a priceless tool to interrupt Spike defusion. Try to learn some lineups for common plant spots as these lineups will enable you to kill the defuser without being in their vision.
E – RECON BOLT
EQUIP a bow with a recon bolt. FIRE to send the recon bolt forward, activating upon collision and revealing the location of nearby enemies caught in the line of sight of the bolt. HOLD FIRE to extend the range of the projectile. ALTERNATE FIRE to add up to two bounces to this arrow.
Tips on how to use Sova’s Recon Bolt
- On defense, using Recon Bolt at the start of the round is a common and useful practice. This ability will be on cooldown for 40 seconds after you use it. Most of the time, if you use it early in the round, you get to use it once more in the same round; So there is no reason not to start the round with your Recon Bolt. You can use this ability at the start of the round to gather information on where the enemy team is going to attack, where you have a numbers advantage or disadvantage, and it might even lead the spotted enemy players to panic and change plans.
- Shoot your Recon Bolt right before your teammates start the combat. As this will force your opponents to either shoot the dart or your teammates. This works both on defense and attack. You can use your dart when the attacking team is coming in, or you can use it to start the siege as the attacker, one of the key points of this Sova guide.
- This ability is also crucially important for the duelers in your team. If you can locate the opponents on the side for your teammate Jett, she will have a much easier time getting that entry frag. So you should be focusing on informing your duelists of the opponent’s whereabouts.
C – OWL DRONE
EQUIP an owl drone. FIRE to deploy and take control of the movement of the drone. While in control of the drone, FIRE to shoot a marking dart. This dart will reveal the location of any player struck by the dart.
Tips on how to use Sova’s Owl Drone
- On attack, the drone is one of the best abilities in the game. You can use your drone to scout close-quarter angles and corners. This protects your team from being ambushed right at the start of the round. Losing 1 teammate to a corner ambush is never good and can easily be avoided by Sova’s drone. Focus on being the scout for your team and try to reveal any early ambush that might take place.
- You should always consider if revealing an area requires a drone. If the same thing can be achieved by a Recon Bolt, it is not wise to waste your drone as the Recon Bolt is cheaper.
- Skye’s dog is much faster than your drone. If you don’t need the extra height you get from the drone, let your Skye do the entry scouting with her dog.
X – HUNTER’S FURY
EQUIP a bow with three long-range wall-piercing energy blasts. FIRE to release an energy blast in a line in front of Sova, dealing damage and revealing the location of enemies caught in the line. This ability can be RE-USED up to two more times while the ability timer is active.
Tips on how to use Sova’s Hunter’s Fury
- This ultimate is amazing at stopping rushes in some maps. It is extremely impactful when used in a long line. Take Bind A Short for example It almost covers the whole A Short corridor in Bind. Even if your team gives up an early pick and the enemy team rushes through this corridor, you can create picks or damage multiple enemies from behind the bomb side. This can stop the enemy team’s execution, damage or kill them, and win you a round.
- This ability is also one of the best abilities to interrupt a defuse. You can easily start ulting the plant spot to secure a round. But you run the risk of being pushed if there are multiple enemies, so be careful.
- On attack, you can also clear the corners of a bomb site while your team is rushing in. This disrupts the defense and enables your teammates to finish off the enemies you have already damaged, located, or simply dislocated from their spot.
Sova is one of the most entertaining agents in VALORANT and this guide will help you to get a better vision of it.