According to the latest announcement, Skarner rework is on the way, as the champion will receive a visual and gameplay update.
Skarner is one of the oldest LoL champions, and it hasn’t changed so much in many years.
Riot Games have announced that this is going to end soon. The company gave all the details and necessary information in a dev blog.
Skarner rework is on the way, as the champion will receive a visual and gameplay update which might change how to play it.
Riot’s take on the Skarner rework
Skarner rework is indeed one of the most awaited changes in League of Legends. That’s why Riot released a very detailed blog post on what they think about the champion.
The dev blog says that Skarner scored the lowest of all champions in the following categories:
- Visual appeal
- Visual fit with character
- Clear understanding of the character
- “One of your favorite champions”
- “I like this champ’s personal style.
An ultra-lightweight wireless ergonomic esports mouse customized by, Faker, the Unkillable Demon King.
The company gathered enough data and came to the conclusion that LoL players aren’t into “monsters” but pick human-like champions instead.
Moreover, it was also the bottom four of these categories:
- Emotions for the champion
- Hero or Side Character (Aka Most Likely to be Side Character)
- Enjoy his power fantasy
- Interest in overall theme
- Consistent champ story
What is going to change?
Long story short, Riot is getting rid of Skarner crystals. This will entirely change the champion’s game style. Its new skills are not official yet, but get ready to see a “new champion” created from scratch.
Skarner Rework will also include the champion moving from Shurima to Ixtal. Instead of crystals, the Brackern will bend the earth element.
Skarner’s ulti will stay the same as Riot didn’t want to change it and keep it simple. However, its Impale will be an AoE pull on top of its brand-new look. More information will be revealed soon.
Who is Skarner?
Skarner is a champion in the online multiplayer game League of Legends.
He is a powerful creature known as a crystal scorpion who hails from a region of the game’s world called Shurima.
Skarner is a melee fighter who can deal significant damage to his enemies and also has the ability to stun and suppress them.
He is often played in the jungle role, where he can clear camps quickly and set up ganks for his teammates.
It is a unique champion in that he can also capture and control certain points on the map, which can provide his team with powerful buffs and advantages.
Skarner LOL Abilities
Skarner rework might change some of its key features. Right now, it has unique abilities that make him a “meh” pick in solo queue. Here’s a breakdown of his abilities:
- Passive – Crystal Spires: Skarner LOL gains movement speed and attack speed when standing on Crystal Spires. These can be found around the map and will spawn periodically throughout the game.
- Q – Crystal Slash: Skarner LOL slashes his opponents with his claws, dealing damage and reducing their movement speed. This ability also lowers the cooldown of his other abilities when used on targets affected by his passive.
- W – Crystalline Exoskeleton: Skarner LOL gains a shield and increased movement speed for a short time. While the shield is active, Skarner LOL can also stun enemies by hitting them with his basic attacks.
- E – Fracture: Skarner LOL fires a blast of crystal energy that damages and slows all enemies in its path. If an enemy champion is hit, Skarner LOL gains a movement speed bonus.
- R – Impale: Skarner LOL impales an enemy champion with his stinger, dealing damage and dragging them along with him for a short distance. This ability also suppresses the target, making them unable to move or cast abilities.
Unlock your full potential with the Razer BlackWidow V4 Pro Mechanical Keyboard, designed for the ultimate gaming experience.