Riot Games announced the dates and seeding information for the 2022 League of Legends World Championship in North America.
Worlds 2022 will kick off on September 29 in Mexico City with the Play-Ins and culminate on a tour across the North American Continent before ending in San Francisco for the finals.
- Play-Ins: September 29-October 4 at the Arena Esports Stadium at Artz Pedregal in Mexico City, Mexico
- Groups: October 7-10 and October 13-16 at the Hulu Theater in Madison Square Garden in New York City
- Quarterfinals: October 20-23 at the Hulu Theater in Madison Square Garden in New York City
- Semifinals: October 29-30 at the State Farm Arena in Atlanta, Georgia
- Finals: November 5 at Chase Center in San Francisco, California.
In addition, Riot also unveiled the seeding for each of the teams heading into World. As with last year, due to their success in international events, Korea’s LCK and China’s LPL will each bring four representatives.
The CIS’s LCL, due to the region canceling their Summer Split, will not be sending a region. Instead, due to their international success, Europe’s LEC will be sending a fourth representative.
Twelve of the twenty-four competitors will start at the Play-In Stage
- Korea (LCK) – 4th Seed
- Europe (LEC) – 3rd and 4th Seed
- North America (LCS) – 3rd Seed
- Southeast Asia (PCS) – 2nd Seed
- Vietnam (VCS) – 2nd Seed
- Brazil (CBLOL) – 1st Seed
- Japan (LJL) – 1st Seed
- Latin America (LLA) – 1st Seed
- Oceania (LCO) -1st Seed
- Turkey (TCL) – 1st Seed
The remaining twelve teams will automatically qualify for the Group Stage
- Korea (LCK) – 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Seeds
- Europe (LEC) – 1st and 2nd Seeds
- North America (LCS) – 1st and 2nd Seeds
- Southeast Asia (PCS) – 1st Seed
- Vietnam (VCS) – 1st Seed
Ticket information for the event will be released soon by Riot Games and additional information for Worlds 2022 will follow in the coming weeks.