Here is our League of Legends Patch 13.10 Kog’Maw guide. Read every step carefully to win your ranked games!
All the stars have aligned for Kog’Maw in patch 13.10. This machine gun type of carry became the number one ADC in the meta because of the recent item changes.
He is probably the best user of Guinsoo’s Rageblade which is the best item for on-hit champions.
This Patch 13.10 Kog’Maw guide will explain why Kog’Maw became incredibly strong and how you should play him!
Patch 13.10 Kog’Maw guide: Why is it OP now?
Guinsoo’s Rageblade got huge buffs and became a mythic item in patch 13.10. Kog’Maw is the best champion to abuse on-hit items like Wit’s End, Guinsoo’s Rageblade, and Kraken Slayer.
All these items constitute a great core build for Kog’Maw. He used to be a late-game hyper-carry who needs 3 items to become online.
However, Guinsoo’s Rageblade is so good now that he spikes with only one item and becomes online a lot earlier.
Kog’Maw also gets armor penetration and magic penetration from this item.
Don’t Jinx yourself– enjoy the excellent lumbar support available from the Secret Lab x League of Legends Collaboration Chair!
This is incredibly good for him because he has a lot of mixed damage in his kit, so he can utilize the item to the fullest.
Also, another item that we have to mention is Runaan’s Hurricane which gives on-hit damage now.
It is just another great addition to the existing on-hit damage on Kog’Maw.
On the next part of this Kog’Maw guide, we will focus on how you should play this champion to farm some free elo.
Kog’Maw Guide: Tips
Of course, the champion with the most dps in the game must have some downsides.
This champion is extremely squishy and you will simply feed enemies if you don’t play him carefully.
You must have great positional knowledge and on top of that, Kog’Maw is also one of the most mechanically demanding champions in League of Legends.
Here are my top tips for this Kog’Maw guide on how to survive and dish out DPS as it is your job!
- Play around your W cooldown. Let’s get this out of our way first. This champion doesn’t work without his W. So you should always be looking to engage with W up and disengage with W down.
- This is a really simple and easy tip that most people probably already know. However, it is also so important that if you open up your W too early in a fight you just might be the reason that your team loses that fight.
- Look for enchanter supports. Look to lock in Kog’Maw if you have an enchanter support champion that can protect you.
- This is not always in your hands, but you can simply decide to not pick this champion if you don’t have an enchanter support.
- Supports like Milio, Lulu, Karma, Janna will make your life a lot easier since you are playing one of the most squishy champions in the game.
- The core build for this champion in this patch is Guinsoo’s Rageblade into Runaan’s Hurricane, into Kraken Slayer. If the enemy team has heavy AP you can skip Hurricane and get Wit’s End to be more durable.
- Also, after offensive items, Kog’Maw has more than the necessary damage for the remainder of the game. So you can buy 2 defensive items to survive longer in the fights.
This is the end of our Patch 13.10 Kog’maw Guide. As we have mentioned, Kog’Maw became the number one ADC in this meta but he is really hard to play and demands positional focus.
If you can pair him up with a good support and build correctly this champion can farm you free elo!