Although many fans are still awaiting news of the upcoming Overwatch 2 release, Blizzard is continuing to add new content to the original game.
The Lunar New Year is traditionally one of the biggest in-game events in Overwatch. Last year’s event was Year of the Ox and there were a variety of new skins and events that were introduced. For example, Orisa received a bull-themed skin that was very popular.
The current Overwatch Lunar Year in 2022 adds a whole new variety of skins and events. Here are the latest patch notes and updates for the Lunar 2002 Year of the Tiger.
Seasonal Event: LUNAR 2022 – YEAR OF THE TIGER
We’re celebrating Lunar New Year with luminous new seasonal items, including legendary skins Nezha Tracer and Seolbim Mercy! Additionally, this event launches the fifth competitive season of Capture the Flag, and the Bounty Hunter mode has returned!
Previously, if a teammate died over a death pit their resurrect marker was hidden and fell into the pit. Now, Mercy will see her resurrect marker and can resurrect before it falls to the bottom.
- Mercy can now attempt to resurrect teammates who die in environmental death pits
- When resurrecting, the resurrect marker will now freeze in place for the duration of the resurrection.
- Dev Note: Previously, if a teammate died over a death pit their resurrect marker was hidden and fell into the pit. Now, Mercy will see her resurrect market and can resurrect before it falls to the bottom.
- Holding the ability button for resurrect while it’s on cooldown will now attempt the resurrect once the cooldown finishes
- Fixed an issue where Season 32 open queue stats were not appearing in career profile
- Addressed a geometry exploit on Watchpoint: Gibraltar
- Fixed a bug that caused Ana’s Scope to activate when cancelling Nano Boost target confirmation
- Fixed a bug that caused the parrot on Ana’s Corsair skin to disappear in hero select
- Fixed a bug that caused Symmetra’s name plate to appear in the middle of her model
- Addressed an audio issue during Symmetra’s “Have a seat” emote
Wrecking Ball (Epic)
LUNAR NEW YEAR BRAWLS
Rack up points as you claim bounties in this rowdy brawl. The player who gets the first kill of the match becomes a Target, and everyone else a Bounty Hunter. Earn extra points by killing the Target, but beware—if you land the killing blow on a Target, you become the next one.
Capture the Flag
In Capture the Flag, each team attempts to secure the enemy flag and return it to their base while preventing the opposing team from doing the same. Determined players can try Competitive Capture the Flag, which includes placement matches, leaderboards, and Competitive Points!
Capture the Flag Blitz
The stakes have been raised in Capture the Flag. With both teams’ flags much closer together, six captures are now needed to win the match instead of the traditional three. Launch an all-out offensive against the enemy to snatch their flag as many times as possible.