DreadXP, the horror games publisher, is bursting with excitement as it unveils its highly-anticipated comedy survival horror game, My Friendly Neighborhood! Now available on Windows PC, this game dares to ask, “What happens when your beloved childhood puppet friends lose their friendly demeanor?” And the answer it gives is a resounding “OUCHIES.”
Some information about My Friendly Neighborhood
In My Friendly Neighborhood, players assume the role of Gordon, a repairman who finds himself facing a daunting task beyond his usual pay grade. Initially assigned to shut down the unexpected broadcast of the once-popular children’s TV show, The Friendly Neighborhood, Gordon is confronted with a whole neighborhood filled with unsettling floppy-armed puppet adversaries.
The show, once beloved by fans all over the world for its colorful cast of kooky puppets and educational adventures, eventually lost its popularity and had to close its doors. But now, these puppet pals are back on the air without warning, and their once-friendly nature has vanished.
My Friendly Neighborhood playfully nods to the mascot horror trend, inviting players on a quirky horror journey that deviates from the typical blood and gore scares, opting instead for fluff and felt.
In this non-linear fight for survival, players must navigate the abandoned studio, fending off and restraining the ferocious puppet fiends using an assortment of workshopped non-lethal tools and duct tape.
Along the way, they’ll encounter puzzles that have turned from playful to perilous, all while aiming to uncover the sinister truth at the heart of this terrifying-yet-goofy tale.
My Friendly Neighborhood’s key features
- Friends or Foe-zz?: Meet and greet a colorful cast of puppet friends turned adversaries (and maybe turned friends again!)
- Follow Directions: Non-linear, survival horror gameplay. Make sure to check your map!
- Toys and Stuff: Arm yourself with unique weapons like the Rolodexer. Do you know your ABCs? You better — it’s your ammo, and ya better manage it carefully.
- Brain Teasers: Solve an array of puzzles in the vein of the survival horror greats.
- Lots of Playspace: Experience a multitude of diverse environments, from the “BTS” Ray’s Workshop to Cardboard Crayon Halls.
- Don’t Be Messy: Enjoy a grid-based real-time inventory, ‘cause that’s just way better.