While everyone was waiting for 23w47a, Mojang released Minecraft 1.20.3 Pre Release 2 and disclosed all the changes!
Hold onto your pickaxes, Minecraft fans! The highly-anticipated Minecraft 1.20.3 Pre Release 2 is hurtling towards us, and the clues are right in front of our pixelated noses.
Just a blink after the first Java Edition pre-release, Mojang surprised us with round two on November 22, 2023.
The buzz is real as players get an early taste of what’s in store, spiced up with some nifty tweaks and bug fixes.
The burning question on everyone’s mind: Will Bedrock get its own sneak peeks alongside these Java pre-releases, or will Mojang keep everyone on their toes until the full 1.20.3 update drops?
The answer is still up in the air, but fear not. In the next few days, the Minecraft landscape will likely spill the beans, revealing whether Bedrock players will be riding the pre-release wave or catching up fashionably late.
Here are all the Minecraft 1.20.3 Pre Release 2 patch notes:
- Breeze wind charges now break decorated pots, chorus flowers, and pointed dripstone blocks upon collision
FIXED BUGS IN 1.20.3 PRE-RELEASE 2
- MC-265291 – Command suggestions within the command block interface don’t disappear when the console command field is unselected
- MC-265426 – Certain inputs pressed whilst in F3+Esc Pause will be carried out after game is unpaused
- MC-265772 – A command with multiple redirect modifiers can ignore “maxCommandChainLength”
- MC-265788 – The “Start free Snapshot Realm” element can be selected or remain selected causing its tooltip to erroneously be visible when other interfaces are open
- MC-266075 – “Player teleports” not shown in subtitles when an ender pearl lands far from the thrower
- MC-266206 – Renamed arrows are reffered as just “Arrow” in the death message
- MC-266380 – Rain texture doesn’t loop correctly
- MC-266439 – Decorated pots with loot table desync item consumption if it cannot be inserted in the pot
- MC-266496 – Wind Charge can not break Decorated Pots
- MC-266516 – Arrows on fire set breezes on fire, despite being deflected
- MC-266728 – The “styled” number format uses the resource location “result”
- MC-266886 – Backspace in Anvil no longer works when renaming an item
- MC-266890 – The minecraft:grass item does not get upgraded to minecraft:short_grass
GET THE PRE-RELEASE
Pre-Releases are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the Pre-Release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the “Installations” tab.
Testing versions can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
You can take a look at the full announcement here.