Compared to the previous League of Legends patches, Patch 12.5 is relatively light with only a few nerfs, buffs, and, of course, new skins!
Table Of Content
W base damage decreased; mana cost increased. E mana cost increased.
W – FOX-FIRE
60/85/110/135/160 (+30% AP) ⇒ 50/75/100/125/150 (+30% AP)
25 ⇒ 30
E – CHARM
50 ⇒ 60
Passive damage against monsters decreased. E bonus attack range decreased.
PASSIVE – THOUSAND CUTS
MAXIMUM DAMAGE AGAINST MONSTERS
10 (+25% AP) ⇒ 10 (+15% AP)
E – SKIP ‘N SLASH
BONUS ATTACK RANGE
100 ⇒ 50
W full stack bonus damage on basic attacks increased.
W – ELECTRICAL SURGE
BASIC ATTACK BONUS MAGIC DAMAGE AT FULL STACKS
20/30/40/50/60 (+60/70/80/90/100% bonus AD) (+25% AP) ⇒ 35/45/55/65/75 (+80/90/100/110/120% bonus AD) (+35% AP)
Q damage and bonus crit damage decreased; each mark now applies on-hit effects; on-hit cooldown reduction now scales with Ability Haste. E and R now pause during his Q and both can now be activated during Q. E base damage decreased late.
Q – ALPHA STRIKE
25/60/95/130/165 (+90% AD), reduced by 75% for subsequent hits on the same target ⇒ 30/60/90/120/150 (+60% AD), reduced by 75% for subsequent hits on the same target
BONUS DAMAGE FROM CRITICAL STRIKES
60% (+ bonus critical strike damage %) ⇒ 50% (+ bonus critical strike damage %)
NEW MANY FOES, MANY STRIKES Each mark of Q – Alpha Strike now applies on-hit effects including his E – Wuju Style (on-hit effects from subsequent hits are also reduced by 75%)
UPDATED SLOWER BUT STILL STEADY Q – Alpha Strike’s cooldown reduction upon attacks now scales down with Ability Haste. For example, if Master Yi has 100 Ability Haste, each on-hit now reduces its cooldown by 0.5 seconds (instead of 1).
UPDATED TAKE YOUR TIME Q – Alpha Strike’s cast time no longer counts against his E – Wuju Style and R – Highlander active durations (similar to W – Meditate)
UPDATED WUJU BELIEVE THAT Master Yi can now activate E – Wuju Style and R – Highlander during his Q – Alpha Strike
E – WUJU STYLE
30/40/50/60/70 (+35% bonus AD) ⇒ 30/38/46/54/62 (+35% bonus AD)
W passive movespeed on respawn increased.
W – STRUT
UPDATED I AM SPEED Miss Fortune now spawns with the maximum amount of movespeed granted by Strut’s passive
Health growth and armor growth increased. R cooldown decreased.
88 ⇒ 94
HEALTH AT LEVEL 18
2026 ⇒ 2128
3 ⇒ 3.5
ARMOR AT LEVEL 18
77 ⇒ 85.5
R – INFERNO TRIGGER
8 seconds ⇒ 5 seconds
W mana cost decreased late; cooldown increased early and decreased late; shield decreased and now scales with rank; ally shields now equal Seraphine’s; heal scaling adjusted. E cooldown decreased early.
W – SURROUND SOUND
50/70/90/110/130 ⇒ 50/60/70/80/90
26/25/24/23/22 seconds ⇒ 28/26/24/22/20 seconds
75-225 (levels 1-18) (+45% AP) ⇒ 60/80/100/120/140 (+40% AP)
50-150 (levels 1-18) (+30% AP) ⇒ 60/80/100/120/140 (+40% AP) (Note: Allies now receive the same shield amount as Seraphine)
HEALING (IF ALREADY SHIELDED)
5% (+1.125% per 100 AP) of missing health per ally in range ⇒ 5/5.5/6/6.5/7% (+0.75% per 100 AP) of missing health per ally in range
E – BEAT DROP
13/12/11/10/9 seconds ⇒ 11/10.5/10/9.5/9 seconds
E cooldown increased. R invulnerability duration decreased.
E – AUDACIOUS CHARGE
11 seconds ⇒ 12 seconds
R – CRESCENT GUARD
5 seconds ⇒ 4 seconds
PASSIVE – BOARDING PARTY
BONUS ARMOR AND MAGIC RESIST
20-60 (levels 1-18) ⇒ [20-60 (levels 1-18) for melee/10-30 (levels 1-18) for ranged]
SIEGE AND SUPER MINION BONUS ARMOR AND MAGIC RESIST
60-180 (levels 1-18) ⇒ [60-180 (levels 1-18) for melee/30-90 (levels 1-18) for ranged]
BASE ELISE Complete overhaul
DEATH BLOSSOM ELISE Same as new base
VICTORIOUS ELISE Same as new base
BLOOD MOON ELISE Same as new base
SKT T1 ELISE Same as new base
SUPER GALAXY ELISE Minor changes; new VFX for Spider Form E – Rappel
BEWITCHING ELISE Minor changes
WITHERED ROSE ELISE Minimal tweaks
Related Patch Notes: Patch 12.23, Patch 12.6, Patch 12.3, Patch 12.2, Patch 12.1
Mythic Content Overhaul Preparation
“The Mythic Content Overhaul begins next patch! 12.5 is your last chance to spend your 2020 Prestige Points! Unlike Gemstones, Prestige Points won’t convert to Mythic Essence. USE ‘EM NOW IF YOU’VE GOT ‘EM!
Also, as mentioned last patch, once patch 12.5 releases, you’ll no longer be able to claim OG ownership of 2018 and 2019 Prestige skins by obtaining them from loot drops or rerolls. The skins will still appear in drops and rerolls during 12.5, but only those who earned them pre-12.5 will receive a special version of these skins. Prestige and Gemstone skins will be removed from loot drops and rerolls when the Mythic Content Overhaul begins.”
Team formation for the first weekend of the Freljord Cup starts on March 14, and the tournaments are on March 19 and 20! Team formation for the second weekend starts on March 28, and the tournaments will be on April 2 and 3 during patch 12.6.
RANKED BORDERS AND DIVISIONS
Based on feedback, an updated look for ranked borders will be hitting the loading screen in patch 12.5. In addition, Ranked divisions will be visible in game lobbies, hovercards, loading screens, and profiles.
Bugfixes & QOL Changes
- Fixed a bug where the Magical Footwear rune would grant Viego duplicate Slightly Magical Boots
- Fixed a bug where Viego would permanently gain move speed from Taliyah’s Passive – Rock Surfing after possessing her
- Fixed a bug where Caitlyn’s Q – Piltover Peacemaker would not deal damage if she had a spell shield created by Edge of Night or Banshee’s Veil
- Fixed a bug where Predator and Commencing Stopwatch’s cooldowns were not showing correctly in the scoreboard
- Fixed a bug where Yorick’s Maiden of the Mist would not display an icon on the minimap
- Fixed a bug where Sona’s Passive – Power Chord empowered basic attacks were not being consumed or applied when attacking allies while Berserk
- Fixed a bug where Rumble’s Overheated state would visually disappear faster than it should if triggered by his E – Electro Harpoon
- Fixed a bug where the Maiden of the Mist and Ghouls summoned by Yorick’s R – Eulogy of the Isles would not disappear when he died
- Fixed a bug where Ornn could not use Passive – Living Forge to upgrade items for an allied Viego that had possessed an enemy champion earlier that game
- Fixed a bug where Karthus could leave spawn before the barrier dropped at 15 seconds
- Fixed a bug where casting Vel’Koz’s R – Lifeform Disintegration Ray would cause game replays to crash
- Fixed a bug where champions who go Berserk from Renata’s R – Hostile Takeover would not deal bonus true damage with their Cheap Shot rune
- Fixed a bug where Sett was unable to cast basic abilities if Renata died during his R – Showstopper while he was Berserk
- Fixed several bugs where champions with certain items and runes would incorrectly receive kill credit and gold for killing their allies while Berserk
- Fixed a bug where active item cooldown timers were not correctly displaying for teammates
- Fixed a bug where Rek’Sai’s Q – Queen’s Wrath cast bar did not appear correctly
- Fixed a bug where the “Thanks for Playing in the Cup!” notification did not appear in the last completed match of Clash tournaments
- Fixed a bug where Clash leaders could not see the tier and lanes on requests from free agents
- Fixed a bug where players would not see the honors they received in the post-game lobby while they were still being processed
- Fixed a bug where accounts above level 500 were defaulting to the Level 1 border. They can now be customized by selecting any prestige border instead.
Upcoming Skins & Chromas
The following skins and corresponding chromas will be available on March 3, 2022: