The Potent Robe in Baldur’s Gate 3 is one of the best robes players can get, especially for those with high levels of Charisma like Sorcerers, Warlocks, Bards, and Paladins. But getting it is not an easy task.
Table of contents
How to get the Potent Robe in BG3
You can get the Potent Robe in BG3 as a reward from Alfira for completing the quest, Rescue the Tieflings, in Act Two. So, if you haven’t reached Act Two just yet, this is one quest you don’t want to miss out on.
How to complete the Rescue the Tieflings quest in BG3
To start the quest, talk to Cerys in the Last Light Inn before you head to Moonrise Towers, and to complete the Rescue the Tieflings quest in BG3, you must rescue all the Tieflings in Moonrise Towers.
But to do that, you must follow these steps:
- Enter Moonrise Towers
- Navigate to the Moonrise Towers Prison—The entrance can be found at the coordinates X:-175 and Y:-193.
- Talk to Tiefling Lakrissa (X: -594 and Y:-622), who will tell you to speak with Wulbren, a gnome, further down in the cell block.
- You can help Wulbren for free or for a fee, but he wants to know why, which means you must pass another Persuasion check. However, it’s only a check of 10 this time.
- Once successful, he says that he needs help clearing some rocks. Use a bludgeoning weapon or gunpowder to clear the way.
- You also need to seek out the warden who robbed them of their tools, and the warden can be found at the coordinates X:572 and Y:-655.
- After an Intelligence check, you’ll learn of some levers behind her desk that can be used to open the cell doors, and the largest one is the alarm lever. So, don’t pull that one when you make your way up the ladder.
- Be wary of the Scrying Eye, as it will alert everyone if you do something suspicious while it’s around. It’s best to kill it to avoid future hassles.
- If you’re spotted, talk your way out of it by passing a Persuasion or Intimidation check of 15. If you can’t, you can always kill her, but others will be alerted if the eye is there.
- Steal the tools back from the warden’s chests and use the levers to release the captives.
- The guards will be alerted, so defeat them and then hand over the tools to the gnomes.
- Once defeated, everyone can escape to the boat at the docks, roughly at the coordinates X:572 and Y:-577.
Once everyone safely leaves Moonrise Towers, you’ll complete the Rescue the Tieflings quest. And you’ll get the Potent Robe from Alfira.
Potent Robe stats and abilities in BG3
The Potent Robe is a very rare piece of clothing in BG3 with the following stats and abilities:
- Armor Class: 10
- Armor Class plus one
- Gregarious Caster: Your cantrips will now deal additional damage equal to your Charisma Modifier. This means this robe is best for those with high levels of charisma, like Bards, Paladins, Sorcerers, and Warlocks.
- Well-Liked and Well-Fortified: At the beginning of the wearer’s turn, the robe will activate and grant them temporary hit points equal to their Charisma Modifier.
As I have a Sorcerer and a Bard, I had to get this robe in both of my playthroughs as it’s too good to pass up, especially the additional damage boost tied to my charisma levels.
So, if you’re a Bard, Paladin, Sorcerer, or Warlock, you need the Potent Robe in BG3.