Discord is a very well-liked community and gaming-related communication tool. Users can share media files, audio and text channels, and servers.
Like any other piece of software, Discord keeps cache files on user devices to speed up app loading and ease server load. Cache files, however, can build up over time and result in problems, such as sluggish loading times, freezing, and crashes.
The performance of the program can be enhanced, and these issues can be resolved by routinely clearing the cache. This article will examine simple methods for clearing the Discord cache on a variety of devices in 2023.
Clearing Discord cache on Windows
You can erase the cache by following these easy steps if you’re using Discord on a Windows device:
- Close Discord.
- To enter the Run dialog box, press the Windows key and R.
- Type “%appdata%” and hit the Enter key.
- Right-click the Discord folder after locating it.
- Choose Delete from the context menu and confirm your choice.
- Activate your account and restart Discord.
Clearing Discord cache on macOS
Follow the procedures below to remove the cache in Discord on a Mac:
- Completely shut down Discord.
- Launch Finder, then select the Go menu.
- Choose Go to Folder and enter /Library/Caches.
- Locate the Discord folder and perform a right-click.
- From the context menu, choose Move to Trash.
- Restart Discord after emptying the trash.
Clearing Discord cache on Android
You can clear the cache by following these instructions if you’re using Discord on an Android device:
- Access Settings and select Apps.
- Navigate to Discord in the list of installed programs, then choose it.
- Tap Storage, then select Clear Cache.
- Relaunch Discord and sign into your account as step four.
Clearing Discord cache on iOS
To remove the cache when using Discord on an iPhone or iPad, just follow these instructions:
- First, access Settings and select General.
- From the list of installed apps, select iPhone/iPad Storage and then look for Discord.
- Select Discord, followed by Offload App.
- Verify your decision and watch for the app to be unloaded.
- Click Reinstall App to get the most recent Discord version.
- Sign into your account to see if the problem has been fixed.
Explore new worlds and enjoy the adventures of Minecraft while experiencing the comfort of the Minecraft x Secret Lab Collaboration Chair!
What is Discord cache?
The temporary files created when you use the Discord app are referred to as “Discord cache” and are kept on your device.
The use of these files shortens the time it takes for the app to load and eases server burden. Messages that you’ve recently accessed, emojis, and profile images are some examples of cached data.
Why clear Discord cache?
Although the app’s performance may be enhanced by cache files, these files can also build up over time and result in problems including slow loading times, freezing, and crashing. This is because newly downloaded data from the app may conflict with corrupted or out-of-date cache files.
Clearing Discord’s cache can resolve these issues and the Discord app’s performance will be better. If you delete the cache, the program will regenerate all essential files from the ground up, which can help resolve any issues brought on by corrupted or out-of-date data.
Furthermore, emptying the cache might release storage space on your smartphone, which is beneficial if you’re running out of space.