You presumably spend a fair amount of time staring at displays if you use Discord. And if that’s the case, you can start to feel bothered by the computer or phone’s screen’s persistent bright brightness. But hey, there is a dark mode in Discord.
The good news is that Discord is only one of several applications with a dark mode setting. When you turn it on, you’ll see white text against a dark backdrop rather than dark text against a white background.
On Discord, switching to dark mode is simple, as is switching back. Both the Discord app for mobile and desktop may be switched on to dark mode.
If the light (white) theme bothers your eyes or you find the dark theme more interesting, it is quite simple to change it from the Discord settings.
If you have Discord Nitro, you can have different themes too.
- Related: How to get free Discord Nitro (2023)
Let’s take a look at how we can change this setting.
Steps for turning on Discord Dark Mode
For PC App:
- Open the Discord app on your computer.
- Go to User Settings by clicking the cog icon on the bottom left of the app.
- Click on the Appearance setting from the Sidebar on the left.
- You can choose light or dark mode from the “Theme Setting” here. “Sync with computer” option is also available here.
- If you only want the Sidebar to be in dark mode, you can activate the “Dark Sidebar” option.
Discord Nitro users have many more different theme settings. (Mars, Forest, Sunset etc.)
For Mobile App:
- Open the Discord app on your mobile phone.
- Go to settings by tapping the icon on the far right from the bottom left.
- Here, scroll down a bit and tap Appearance in App Settings.
- From here, you can choose the theme you want.
- It has light and dark modes and different themes specific to Discord Nitro.
- You can also have a much darker background by activating the Amoled Mode, which is still in the experimental stage.
- Amoled Mode is not normally visible in the mobile app, but if you tap the dark mode option 10 times in a row, the Amoled Mode will be visible for you as well.
Discord Dark Mode’s advantages include:
- Reduced eye strain and tiredness due to improved vision in low-light conditions.
- Users who choose a darker color palette will find it visually appealing.
- Consistency with other well-liked dark mode user interfaces, providing a more seamless user experience.
- Enhanced contrast, which makes it simpler to discern between various UI components.
- Decreased headaches and eye strain due to the potential reduction of screen glare.
- It is simpler to use the app for longer periods of time due to improved color perception and lessened color fatigue.
- A defense mechanism against blue light, which has been associated with disturbed sleep patterns.