Cypher is one of the most versatile and useful agents in VALORANT. He is a sentinel who can gather information, control the map, and stop the enemy’s pushes with his abilities. In this article, we will show you how to play Cypher in VALORANT and why he is so strong in the current meta.
How to play Cypher VALORANT: Abilities
Cypher has four abilities that can help him and his team gain an advantage over the enemy. Here is a brief overview of each ability and how to use them effectively.
- Be flexible and adaptable: Cypher can play both as an attacker and a defender, depending on the situation. As an attacker, you can use your abilities to scout the site, clear angles, and create openings for your team. As a defender, you can use your abilities to lock down the site, prevent pushes, and delay the enemy. You should always be ready to switch roles and adjust your playstyle according to the map, the enemy, and your team.
- Communicate with your team: Cypher is a team player who can provide valuable information and assistance to his teammates. You should always communicate with your team and share what you see, hear, and know. For example, you can tell your team where the enemy is, where they are going, and what they are doing. You can also ask your team to watch your spycam, cover your blind spots, or follow up on your traps and cages.
- Be creative and unpredictable: Cypher has a lot of potential to surprise and outsmart the enemy with his abilities. You should always try to be creative and unpredictable with your ability placements and activations. For example, you can place your trapwires and cages in different spots every round, or activate them at unexpected times. You can also use your spycam to bait the enemy, or fake your cage sound to confuse them.
Why is Cypher so strong in VALORANT?
Cypher is one of the strongest agents in VALORANT because he can do a lot of things that other agents can’t. He can:
- Gather information: Cypher can see and reveal the enemy’s location, movement, and actions with his spycam, trapwires, and neural theft. This gives him and his team a huge advantage in terms of map awareness, strategy, and decision making.
- Control the map: Cypher can cover large areas of the map with his trapwires and cages, making it hard for the enemy to move around without being detected or stopped. This gives him and his team a lot of control over the map, and allows them to focus on other areas or objectives.
- Stop the enemy: Cypher can stop the enemy’s pushes, rotations, and flanks with his trapwires and cages, which can tether, reveal, slow, and stun them. This gives him and his team a lot of time to react, reposition, and counter the enemy.
Cypher is a versatile and useful agent who can make a big difference in any game. He is not easy to master, but he is very rewarding to play. If you want to learn how to play Cypher in VALORANT, you should practice his abilities, watch pro players, and experiment with different strategies. You will soon discover why he is so strong in the current meta.
Best maps for Cypher
Here are some of the best maps for Cypher after his buff:
- Split: This map has many narrow chokepoints and corners that are ideal for Cypher’s Trapwire and Cyber Cage. Cypher can also use his Spycam to scout the mid area and provide valuable intel for his team. His Neural Theft can reveal the enemy’s rotations and help his team retake or defend sites. Split is considered one of Cypher’s strongest maps, as he can effectively control the map and delay the enemy’s pushes.
- Bind: This map has two teleporters that can be used by both teams to rotate quickly between sites. Cypher can use his Trapwire and Spycam to cover the teleporter entrances and exits, and alert his team of any enemy movement. He can also use his cybercage to block vision and create fake sounds. His Neural Theft can be very useful on this map, as it can expose the enemy’s location and prevent them from using the teleporters.
- Haven: This map has three bomb sites, which makes it harder for the defenders to cover all angles. Cypher can use his abilities to secure one site by himself and free up his teammates to focus on the other sites. He can also use his Spycam to watch the mid area and gather information. His Neural Theft can be crucial on this map, as it can reveal the enemy’s site preference and help his team rotate accordingly.
Watch how the Pros use Cypher
If you enjoyed this article, you might also want to check out our other VALORANT articles. You can find our VALORANT articles here. We hope you find them useful and interesting. Thank you for reading.