Each Gragas build depends on the role you play, and this guide will help you which items to build in three lanes!
Gragas made a massive comeback to the soloQ and competitive scene after being repetitively buffed in previous patches.
This champion is so versatile and can fit into almost any composition. However, to be able to utilize his versatility, you should know how to build him in different situations.
Gragas Build: Toplane
Toplane Gragas usually faces a more tanky champion in the lane, like bruisers or tanks. Also, being a toplaner usually means that you will probably have to be the frontline for your team. This also includes Gragas build S7.
For these two reasons, toplane Gragas is usually played as a bruiser instead of a glass cannon.
To be able to compete with bruisers that you can’t one-shot, you will need a lot of CD for the long trades.
Here is a default Gragas build for top lane:
- Ionian Boots > Everfrost > Cosmic Drive > Frozen Heart > Abyssal Mask > Anathema’s Chains
Apart from building the items, you must also follow the steps below:
- Always buy your Lost Chapter first; you will need mana in the lane.
- If the enemy team has 2 or more tanks, go for Liandry’s Anguish instead of Everfrost.
- If you face a heavy magic damage team, prioritize Abyssal Mask over Frozen Heart.
- Pick Phase Rush as a keystone, so you can trade and back off quickly. Remember that you are facing a bruiser in lane and will have to do long trades.
Gragas Build: Jungle
Jungle Gragas is different than lane Gragas because you don’t need to rush for a mana item. The jungle items are important for the Gragas build S7.
The mana regen you get from your jungle item will be enough for the early game; so you don’t have to buy Lost Chapter as fast as possible.
This jungle build focuses more on one-shotting enemies than going for prolonged trades like in toplane Gragas.
Here is a default Gragas Build: Jungle
- Sorcerer’s Shoes> Night Harvester > Shadowflame > Rabadon’s Deathcap > Void Staff > Lichbane
- If the enemy team has 2 or more high-ranged damage dealers, switch Night Harvester with Rocketbelt to close the gap.
- Only go for this exact build if the enemy team is squishy. If the enemy team has more tanks and bruisers switch the Shadowflame with cosmic insight and switch the Sorcerer’s Shoes with Ionian Boots.
- If the enemy team has a lot of MR, prioritize Void Staff over Rabadon’s Deathcap
Gragas Build: Midlane
In Midlane, you want as much AP as you can get.
This has two reasons: First, you are probably playing against a squishy mage or assassin that you can one-shot with enough AP.
Second, you need the AP to one-shot minions waves in the mid lane so that you can roam freely.
Here is a default Gragas Build: Midlane
- Sorcerer’s Shoes> Rocket Belt> Seraph’s Embrace > Rabadon’s Deathcap > Void Staff > Lich Bane
- Buy tear as your starting item since you will go for Seraph’s
- If the enemy team doesn’t have any MR, go for Shadowflame instead of Void Staff. But this is only if they have almost no MR built.