The approaching holiday season means that the Fortnite community will be searching for fresh experiences. For this year’s Winterfest event, Epic Games has released the Winterfest 2022 Callout, encouraging gamers to create new islands.
Making memories is what the holidays are all about, and the Fortnite Winterfest 2022 activities will give you the chance to create something truly special and unforgettable. During Winterfest 2022, a special Discover row will highlight some of the favorite islands selected by the Fortnite team. This is your chance to get your creativity noticed by the entire Fortnite community! So with that in mind, here are the specific submission rules and guidelines to follow:
ISLAND DESIGN GUIDELINES
- The holidays are a great time to welcome new Fortnite players. Help draw them to your island by making sure your island title and description are clear and understandable.
- Put a nice bow on all the new things you’ve learned to build this past year by seeing how many new features you can include in your island! Prompt visitors to skate around with Chiller Grenades, disguise themselves as a Sneaky Snowman, or parkour their way through a winter wonderland. Perhaps host a melee and joust fight in an icy castle to crown a New Year’s champion — mash those devices together, folks!
- Be creative with eliminations. Have your players fall victim to frosty lakes, get ambushed by snowmen, or meet their demise in other unexpected but thematic ways.
- Games don’t have to be about eliminations, however, so think about multiplayer experiences for all genres or even create a single-player narrative to help people find the true meaning of the holidays. You choose!
- We’re looking for:
- Groundbreaking islands that utilize multiple newly-released devices (devices released in 2022).
- Innovative and boundary-pushing designs.
- As said above, we want to see newly-released devices in use!
- Using older devices (devices released before 2022) in addition in novel ways is definitely encouraged.
- Thoughtful level design. (See the “Level Design Best Practices” document for reference.)
- Only one island per creator will be accepted.
- Make sure your island follows the specified winter theme.
- Islands should be fully functional and use devices well, set effective boundaries, and be highly polished. These qualities make for a better player experience and make your island more likely to be featured.
- Prioritize innovation. (Islands should use multiple devices released in 2022.)
- Never-before-seen island designs that push limits will certainly grab our attention.
- Each submission requires a video overview.
- Submission videos must show a fly-through of the entire island as well as one round of gameplay.
- Submissions must be NEW islands.
- Any island considered for featuring must have been published since the release of the Melee Designer device (August 30, 2022).
- Promotional trailers are encouraged.
- Including a captivating promotional trailer for your island is not required but highly encouraged. (Video overviews are required, however.)
HOW TO SUBMIT
The island submission window starts November 7, 2022, at 10 AM ET. During the submission window, submit your island through the Creative Content submission form, making sure to select the drop-down option for “Winterfest Callout.” Islands must be submitted before 12 AM ET on December 6, 2022.