In Fortnite’s v23.30 update, the Son Gohan and Piccolo skins from the Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO movie make their Fortnite debut. In addition, the Kamehameha attack item and Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) mobility item are out of the vault, and Dragon Ball Adventure Island is back!
Also, if you’re getting tired of getting smashed by the Deku, there’s another defense that’s just been fixed. If you scroll all way down to the bottom, you’ll notice that now the Guardian Shield will block damage from Deku’s Smash. This is now a great reason to have this shield in your inventory!
GO BEYOND ONCE AGAIN IN BATTLE ROYALE
Throughout each match in Battle Royale/Zero Build, the Kamehameha and Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) items will fall from the sky in capsules. Launch a devastating energy beam with the Kamehameha, and with the Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun), take flight around the Island! The frequency of capsules will increase as the Storm closes in, meaning the end of each match will be primetime for an epic showdown.
These two items will remain in Battle Royale/Zero Build until v23.40.
Earn gift cards, gaming hardware, and skins for free by playing your favorite games with the Buff Loyalty Program!
BEYOND BATTLE ROYALE: DRAGON BALL ADVENTURE ISLAND RETURNS
The adventure continues!
Back in Fortnite starting now, go on a Dragon Ball collecting adventure in Dragon Ball Adventure Island. Made by creator team Vysena Studios, this island features sites inspired by iconic locations from Dragon Ball — visit Goku’s House, Kami’s Palace, the Room of Spirit & Time, and Beerus’ Planet! At any time during your adventure, test your power in Tenkaichi Budokai, the open PvP battle arena.
Starting January 31 at 9 AM ET, complete a Dragon Ball-themed Weekly Quest on this island to unlock the Orange Piccolo Spray. And starting 9 AM ET on February 7, complete another Dragon Ball-themed Weekly Quest to unlock the Gohan Beast Spray! Dragon Ball Adventure Island can be accessed from either the Discover screen or island code 5642-8525-5429.
THE DRAGON BALL SET GAINS POWER – SON GOHAN AND PICCOLO SKINS
While wielding great powers on the Battle Royale Island or collecting Dragon Balls in Dragon Ball Adventure Island, venture as Dragon Team members Son Gohan or Piccolo. These new Skins — and their matching accessories — are available in the Item Shop starting now!
SON GOHAN SKIN
Go beyond your limit! Use the Son Gohan Skin’s built-in Gohan’s Charging Up Emote to switch to Super Saiyan. (The Super Saiyan Style can be selected in the Locker as well.)
SON GOHAN ACCESSORIES
Accessories matching the Son Gohan Skin are also available:
- Gohan’s Cape Back Bling – A gift from Piccolo to inspire him to return to training. (Included with the Son Gohan Skin. Can only be used with this Skin.)
- Gohan’s Beast Axe Pickaxe – Go beyond ultimate!
- Reactive — surges with lightning upon hitting Weak Points.
- Capsule No. 576 Glider – Property of Capsule Corporation.
Unleash your inner strength. Use the Piccolo Skin’s built-in Piccolo’s Charging Up Emote to manifest the Power Awakening version of Piccolo. (The Power Awakening Style can also be selected in the Locker.)
Additionally available are accessories matching the Piccolo Skin:
- Piccolo’s Cape and Turban Back Bling – Cape and turban that Piccolo can put on and take off with his demon power. (Included with the Piccolo Skin. Can only be used with this Skin.)
- Piccolo’s Demon Symbol Back Bling – The mark that Piccolo used to wear. (Included with the Piccolo Skin.)
- Piccolo’s Handheld House Pickaxe – Piccolo’s unique shell-like house.
- Red Ribbon Army Aircraft Glider – Property of Red Ribbon Army.
That’s it for the Son Gohan and Piccolo skins. However, speaking of the Dragon Ball Set, look out for returning Dragon Ball items coming to the Item Shop at a later date!
MORE IN V23.30: NEW BATTLE ROYALE REALITY AUGMENTS!
v23.30 introduces five new Reality Augments to Battle Royale. Power yourself up with:
Anytime your Shield breaks, you’ll rift into the sky after a short delay.
Become able to get Shadow Bombs from containers.
Get a brief icy speed boost after sliding.
Foliage you destroy will drop Big Bush Bombs and forageables. Also increases the effectiveness of eating forageables.
Obtain a Mythic Pistol.
Heads-up! New Reality Augments are discovered by selecting Reality Augments in matches. Rerolling does not discover new Reality Augments.
Related: Gamelevate Augments Guide
WEEKLY QUESTS UPDATE
From v23.30 and onwards, Battle Royale Chapter 4 Season 1 Weekly Quests will no longer expire after a week. They will remain until the end of Season, meaning players can complete a set of Weekly Quests anytime until Chapter 4 Season 1’s end date.
- Wind currents will be disabled in Battle Royale/Zero Build for the duration of v23.30.
- The Forecast Reality Augment has been adjusted to only show the next three Storm circles after being selected, instead of showing all future Storm circles.
- The Kamehameha and Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) items are not included in competitive playlists.
- The Rift-jector Seat Reality Augment is not included in competitive playlists.
- FNCS Major 1 begins on February 2! For more info, read our Fortnite Champion Series Global Championship Roadmap.
MAJOR BATTLE ROYALE BUG FIXES
- The Guardian Shield now blocks the Deku’s Smash ability.
- Fixed the issue that caused us to disable the Party Time Reality Augment. This Reality Augment is now re-enabled.
- Fixed some movement-related bugs.
- Players who own the Battle Pass and have unlocked the Noble Shroud Back Bling prior to v23.20 will now receive the Back Bling.
- Physics on the Joni the Red Skin’s cape are now behaving correctly.
- The helmet on the Battle Hound and Molten Battle Hound Skins no longer appears sideways.
- Players can again Emote after a Victory Royale.
- Players no longer take fall damage when sliding and using the Shockwave Hammer.
- On touch devices, the Falcon Scout no longer goes up or down without players touching any button.
In addition to the Fortnite Son Gohun and Piccolo skins, check out other skin details:
Upgrade your stream with the stylish Logitech G Yeti Aurora Collection, which features a multi-pattern USB mic in Pink Dawn or White Mist!
Related: Gamelevate’s Fortnite Skin Articles
- Coachella in Fortnite – Great New Music and the Sunset Alto Skin