Fortnite Season 8 introduced eight new characters to unlock and customize with their Color Bottle and Rainbow Ink cosmetics as players level up through its 100 tiers. Amongst these eight characters is Toona Fish, a highly customizable outfit like Kymera in the previous season.
Similar to Alien Artifacts for Kymera skin, players will have to gather specific items to unlock new styles for Toona Fish. Instead of a single item for Singularity and Kymera, Toona Fish requires Fortnite Color Bottles and Rainbow Ink in order to expand his wardrobe. However, these aren’t nearly as hard to find as Fort-Bytes or Alien Artifacts. In fact, players can find Rainbow Ink throughout the course of a normal game, and finding all of the Color Bottles isn’t difficult either.
Fortnite Rainbow Ink
Rainbow Ink is a new collectible that can be found throughout the Season 8 map. To access character-inspired colors in Toona Fish’s extensive customization menu, you’ll need to acquire them by gathering from the island. Toona Fish currently has 21-character colors inspired by other Fortnite characters such as Jonesy, Peely, and Cuddle Team Leader.
Therefore, in order to unlock every colorway in the category, you’ll need 210 total Rainbow Ink collectibles – at least for now since 21 more character colors will be arriving later in the season. Rainbow Ink can be found in chests and Cosmic Chests making it relatively easier to find one.
Fortnite Color Bottles
Color Bottles are used in conjunction with Rainbow Ink to unlock any Toona Fish color you choose. While Rainbow Ink is required for the character-specific styles, Color Bottles will fulfill those requirements while also unlocking common colors like Knightly Crimson and Y-Labs Magenta. Once you’ve unlocked one of the color bottle sets, you’ll be able to unlock its corresponding character style using 10-15 Rainbow Ink to unlock a style based on another skin.
Color Bottles are not randomized and better yet, you can even see them on the map when you are in its vicinity. Before a colorway can be unlocked, all three of its Color Bottles must be found, but once they are, you can switch Toona Fish between unlocked styles as much as you like. There are currently 63 Color Bottles on the island, with at least another 63 planned for later this season to go along with the 21 new character styles stated above. As they reliably spawn in specific locations, here is a list detailing each set of color bottles and their locations.
Below you can find all of the Colour Bottle locations for the currently available Toona Fish styles:
- Knightly Crimson / Red Knight – Fort Crumpet
- Y-Labs Magenta / Lexa – Misty Meadows
- Cuddly Pink / Cuddle Team Leader – Steamy Stacks
- Ruby Red / Ruby – Lockie’s Lighthouse
- Renegade Red / Renegade Raider – Boney Burbs
- Pumpkin Orange / Punk – The Orchard
- Midas Gold / Midas – Catty Corner
- Desert Sand / Scorpion – wreckage west of Pleasant Park
- Banana Yellow / Peely – Rainbow Rentals
- Leafy Green / Bushranger – Stealthy Stronghold
- Recruit Green / Jonesy – Weeping Woods bridge
- Codename G.R.N. / Codename E.L.F. – Corny Crops
- Ghoulish Green / Ghoul Trooper – Shanty Town
- Slurp Turquoise / Rippley – Sludgy Swamp
- Diamond Blue / Diamond Diva – Gorgeous Gorge
- Frozen Blue / Snow Heart – Coral Castle
- Crystalline Blue / Crystal – wreckage south of Dirty Docks
- Brite Purple / Brite Bomber – Retail Row
- Mesmerizing Violet / Mezmer – wreckage south of Believer Beach
- Robotic Grey / A.I.M. – Destroyed Dish
- Stone Grey / Love Ranger – Mount F8
In contrast to the Alien Artifacts last season, color bottles are considerably easier to obtain, and being able to gain rainbow ink from chests further eases the process of unlocking new styles. Now that you have the location of these color bottles at your fingertips, you can collect all of them within a matter of days. As mentioned above, there will be more color bottles added at later stages of the game, and Gamelevate will try to update this guide to factor in the changes as soon as possible.