Are you looking for the Finals black screen on launch error fix? Spoiler alert: Unfortunately, there are no one-size-fits-all solutions for all of us. However, there are some workarounds that can solve this issue.
Diving into The Finals, eager for that adrenaline-fueled showdown, only to be met with the dreaded black screen abyss? Frustration level: over 9000. Fear not, fellow gamers! We’ve got the lowdown on tackling that pesky black screen on launch issue, ensuring you can return to the heart-pounding action in no time. It’s time to troubleshoot, tweak, and conquer The Finals glitch.
Understanding the Finals black screen on launch error
The Finals black screen on launch error is a technical issue that occurs when players attempt to start the game but encounter a persistent black screen instead of the expected game visuals. This problem typically emerges after successfully loading the game client, often when users try to join their first match or upon initial startup.
Key characteristics of the final black screen on launch error include:
- Loading Loop or Black Void: Players may experience a continuous “Connecting to Server” loading message or encounter a complete absence of visuals despite hearing the game’s background music.
- Failed rendering or display: Despite the game seemingly loading in the background, the visuals fail to appear, leaving the player stuck on a black screen with no signs of the game interface or graphics.
- Varied triggers: The specific cause triggering this error isn’t definitively identified. It might stem from issues such as server connectivity conflicts, glitches during game file verification checks, outdated graphics card drivers leading to rendering failures, or potential incompatibilities between the game and the player’s system setup.
The Finals black screen on launch error can be frustrating as it prevents players from accessing and enjoying the game. Troubleshooting steps, including verifying game files’ integrity, updating graphics card drivers, adjusting in-game graphic settings, and in some cases, performing CPU-specific tweaks, are often suggested to resolve this issue and allow players to successfully launch and play The Finals.
However, the exact technical root cause behind this error remains elusive, requiring players to navigate through various troubleshooting methods to address it on a case-by-case basis and here is how to do them.
Finals black screen on launch fixes to try
The black screen on launch issue in The Finals can be quite frustrating, but here are steps you can take to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve this problem:
- Verify game files: For Steam users, right-click on “The Finals” in your Library, go to Properties > Local Files, and select “Verify Integrity of Game Files.” This checks for corrupted or missing game files and re-downloads them if needed.
- Update graphics card drivers: Visit the manufacturer’s website (Nvidia, AMD, etc.) to download and install the latest drivers compatible with your graphics card.
- Adjust in-game settings: Lower the graphical settings before launching the game. Set resolution, quality presets, and other graphic options to minimum settings to rule out conflicts during startup.
Specific CPU-related fix
If you’re using an Intel i9-13900K CPU and facing persistent crashes on launch, a potential fix involves downclocking the CPU’s performance core multiplier from x55 to x54:
- Access BIOS or overclocking utility: Enter BIOS settings or use an overclocking utility like Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.
- Adjust CPU core multiplier: Locate the performance core multiplier settings and change the value from x55 to x54.
- Save changes and relaunch: Save settings and try launching The Finals again.
- Subsequent attempts: The game might crash on the first launch after this change. Restart the game, and subsequent attempts might result in a successful launch.
Additional steps if issues persist
- Install updated GPU drivers: Ensure you have the latest GPU drivers installed.
- Restart PC: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve underlying issues.
- Validate game files: Use the game’s client to verify game files’ integrity.
- Reinstall the game: As a last resort, consider reinstalling “The Finals” if none of the above steps work.
Remember, these final black screen on launch fixes are meant to troubleshoot the issue and might vary in effectiveness for different systems. If the problem persists, reaching out to the game’s official support or community forums for further assistance and updates could be beneficial.
Always ensure your system meets the minimum system specifications required for running The Finals smoothly.