FIFA 22 just released a guide to help new and returning players get into the game. Gamers can now take advantage of the holiday season to get familiar with FIFA 22’s new features.
For those interested in more details, Gamelevate has you covered with these in-depth guides:
- FIFA 22 Attacking Tips: How to Score More Goals In FIFA
- Who are the best CDMs to use in FIFA 22 Ultimate Team?
- FIFA 22 Tips: The Ultimate FIFA dribbling guide
- 5 cheap overpowered FIFA 22 Ultimate Team players
- FIFA 22 guide: how to perform the perfect chip shot in FIFA
- FIFA 22 guide: How to perform a perfect finesse shot in FIFA
- FIFA 22 Defending Tips: How to Defend In FIFA
- Top Tips for Playing 4-4-2 In FIFA 22
FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT)
FIFA Ultimate Team is a specific game mode in FIFA 22 that allows gamers to create and manage their own football teams. Gameplay can be online or offline. Gamers can earn rewards using a collection of various types of in-game cards such as teams, players, managers, staff, club items and consumables. By playing more FUT matches, FIFA 22 allows gamers to earn better players and items to improve the team’s strength and budget.
There are many updates to FUT in FIFA 22, and this particular guide specifically focuses on Division Rivals and FUT Champions.
Division Rivals is the most popular mode in FUT and it focuses on progressing through a ladder every FUT Season. You’ll start in Division 10 and can work your way up to the Elite Division. As you progress, you can earn rewards, both weekly and at the end of each FUT Season.
The Division Rivals ladder system is made up of 3 components:
- Ranks that reflect your progress within a Division and unlock better Weekly Rewards.
- Stages, which are the individual steps between Ranks.
- Checkpoints that prevent you from losing progress and ensure that you remain at your appropriate skill level.
FUT Champions is a two-stage competition in which you compete to earn additional rewards and bragging rights.
The first stage consists of FUT Champions Play-Offs that can be entered after qualifying through Division Rivals. Whether you win or lose Play-Offs matches, you’ll earn points that are needed for entering the FUT Champions Finals, the second stage of the competition. The FUT Champions Finals can only be entered if you earn enough points from your Play-Offs matches, and the Finals stage is only available for a limited amount of time every week, as noted in-game.
One of the biggest additions to Career Mode in FIFA 22 is the ability to Create Your Club in Manager Career. You start by picking your club’s name and the nickname which will be used by the commentary team, then you pick which existing club to replace in the league of your choice.
But that’s not all, of course, Create Your Club enables you to edit your crest, kits, stadium, and even the stadium’s atmosphere.
VOLTA FOOTBALL gameplay has been updated in FIFA 22 with a new Skill Meter and exciting new Signature Abilities. You can build up your Skill Meter during a match through a variety of actions such as nutmegging opponents, and once your Skill Meter is high enough, your goals will be worth more. Meanwhile, Signature Abilities enable you to perform game-changing actions such as bone-crunching tackles and lightning-fast sprints.
FIFA 22 also introduces VOLTA ARCADE into the mix. VOLTA ARCADE is a time-limited weekly mode in which players participate in fun and wacky football Party Games such as foot tennis.
For the first time in Pro Clubs, you can express yourself as either a male or female Virtual Pro. No matter what kind of Virtual Pro you choose to create, the on-pitch action brings all of them together, and the cosmetic customization of them has no additional gameplay impact.
Furthermore, Pro Clubs adds Perks and Archetypes to Virtual Pro progression. Perks are new ways of improving your Virtual Pro, allowing you to get more specific with your playstyle. They can be unlocked as you level up, and there are 26 Perks to choose from.
Additionally, Archetypes are significant Attribute increases that help you create, customize, and secure your Virtual Pro’s identity on the pitch. Archetypes are acquired through Skill Points made available at the end of a skill tree branch.
There are way too many gameplay updates to review for newer players. Therefore, the guide takes a quick look at three of the main pillars that The FIFA Gameplay Dev Team had in mind for FIFA 22:
- Refreshing as many gameplay areas as possible, based on feedback, to create a more authentic and polished FIFA experience for all players.
- Fairness – Improving situations that could have felt frustrating from a gameplay perspective. The aim is to reward you for performing the right action at the right time. For example, this includes situations like being able to defend the Bridge or a dribble with clever positioning.
- Increase gameplay variety to enable a greater number of viable playstyles. The FIFA 22 developers are looking to make the on-pitch action more diverse than before, so that there is no single “best way” to play.