Gameplay changes in FIFA 22 Volta Football
Unlike the other game modes in FIFA, Volta is all about having fun in an arcade-y way. The game mode that offers the street football experience to players becomes more diversified in this year’s iteration. The alterations start with the new Skill Meter system. Fancy passes, skill moves, and wall passes are more valuable as every one of them fills the Skill Meter which can make your next goal worth more. The Skill Meter can fill up with the following actions:
- Making a fancy pass fills up the bar by 100
- A successful wall pass awards 200
- Beating an opponent using a Skill Move is 300
- Nutmeg an opponent for 800
- Dispossessing the other team awards 100.
The Skill Meter has three different sections, and each section takes 1,000 points to fill.
- When the first section is filled the goal multiplier x2
- The second section is x3
- The third section is x4
FIFA 22 Volta Football introduces new Signature Abilities
Signature Abilities are one of the newest additions to FIFA 22 Volta Football. With this additional feature, players will have more unique gameplay and fancy specialties. Signature abilities are easy-to-use, game-changing abilities for players to trigger during a match.
How they work:
- When you create your Avatar, you’ll get to select one of three unique Signature Abilities.
- You can also change your Signature Ability at any time from the Player Role screen.
- At the beginning of a match, your Signature Ability will start on cooldown.
- Over time, you’ll see your Signature Ability Meter, located at the bottom of the screen, fill up slowly, with each ability having a different cooldown timer.
- When your Signature Ability Meter is full, it will glow and pulse and you’ll see a prompt on screen to tap RB / R1 to activate your chosen Signature Ability.
- Once pressed, your Signature Ability will be active for a short duration. Make the most of it while you can!
- After a short period, your Signature Ability will end and go back into cooldown and you’ll have to wait for the Signature Ability Meter to fill up again before you can re-use it.
There are three different signature abilities:
- Power Striker
- Pure Pace
- Aggressive Tackle
Flair and playfulness
Good news to players who use skill moves in Volta Football frequently, as they have been improved in FIFA 22. Besides this, EA Sports added more skill moves, including Podium Ball Stand, Fake Shoe Tie, and Crazy Ball Rolls.
What’s better than playing FIFA 22 Volta Football? Playing it with a friend. The developer paid attention to the feedback from the community and brought some two-player celebrations into the game.
FIFA 22 comprises a lot of grinding in its game modes. However, Volta Football differs from others. Your avatar – the profile you use in Volta – will start at 82 OVR and have 5-star Skill Moves, and 5-star Weak Foot. Avatars can be improved up to 96 OVR by using Skill Points you earn for every match you play.
Even though there aren’t many changes in the FIFA 22 Volta Football Skill Tree system, EA made a tiny touch. Every upgrade will provide a +5 to +12 Attribute boost from now on, instead of giving confusing titles.
- The attacking tree will make you an ace at putting the ball in the back of the net, but you’ll be a bit more reliant on your friends to win the ball back and make a play.
- The middle branch is for moving the ball around and making plays with dribbling and passing Attribute boosts.
- The final branch is all about physical and defensive play; laugh as people try to push you off the ball and use your muscle to win it back for your team.
Volta Squad receives a couple of adjustments in FIFA 22. With the last changes, you can create a lobby of 4-player or can jump in others’ lobbies. EA Sports removed the in-game positions this year to enable a flexible football experience where every player will be able to attack and defend.
Similar to Division Rivals, Volta Football will feature seasons which will last six weeks. Each season is going to bring new contents alongside updates, including:
- Seasonal Gameplay Environments
- Seasonal Clothing Collections
- Seasonal Progression Unlocks
- Weekly Objectives
- VOLTA SEASONS Lobby Environment
Players will have the opportunity to unlock new content through seasons by playing matches in Volta Football and completing Weekly Objectives.
FIFA 22 Volta Football will feature brand new outfits for Avatars. Season 1 will feature cosmetics of Adidas, PSG x Jordan, and Killa Villa alongside future-themed items.
Volta Football will be available with the launch of FIFA 22 on October 1.