CD Projekt Red is rolling out the Cyberpunk 2077 Ray Tracing Overdrive feature with Patch 1.62, announced today.
If you have a high-end PC and want to play Cyberpunk 2077 with unreal graphics, you must update your game with Patch 1.62.
CD Projekt Red gave all the necessary information about the Cyberpunk 2077 Ray Tracing Overdrive and Patch 1.62 in a blog post. Here are all the details:
Path Tracing: Technology Preview
- Added a Ray Tracing: Overdrive preset which includes the Path Tracing technology.
- You can enable the Ray Tracing: Overdrive preset in Settings > Graphics > Quick Preset, or just Path Tracing separately in Settings > Graphics in the Ray Tracing section.
- To make sure Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode works correctly on your PC, update your NVIDIA Game Ready Driver to version 531.41 at minimum.
- Additionally, we included an option to render path-traced screenshots in Photo Mode for other Ray-Tracing-capable graphics cards with at least 8GB VRAM. If your graphics card has more than 8GB VRAM and this option is still greyed out, it means you need to lower your in-game resolution.
- Note that the higher the resolution and the less powerful the GPU is, the longer it will take to take a screenshot (between a few seconds to several minutes).
- You can enable Path Tracing for Photo Mode in Settings > Graphics in the Ray Tracing section.
- Added NVIDIA DLAA, an AI-based anti-aliasing mode designed to improve image quality.
- DLAA requires a NVIDIA RTX graphics card.
- It can be enabled in Settings > Graphics in the NVIDIA DLSS section.
- Added support for Intel Xe Super Sampling 1.1, an upscaling technology using machine learning to provide improved performance with high image quality.
- It can be enabled in Settings > Graphics in the Resolution Scaling section.
- Improved the Benchmark to display more information in the results screen, including PC specs, GPU driver version, and selected setting.
What is Ray Tracing Overdrive Mode?
One of the most exciting features of the latest patch is Ray Tracing Overdrive Mode.
It is a technology that simulates the behavior of light in real-time, creating incredibly realistic lighting effects.
Ray tracing has become increasingly popular in video games. Cyberpunk 2077 is no exception.
Ray Tracing Overdrive Mode is a setting that allows players with NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics cards to experience even more immersive and realistic lighting effects.
This feature is sure to take your gaming experience to the next level. It makes the Night City feel even more alive and vibrant.
Experience the comfort of a Secret Lab chair as you explore the wizarding world with their Harry Potter Collaboration Chair!
Does Cyberpunk run better with Ray Tracing?
Ray tracing makes games look more realistic, and it also improves Cyberpunk’s graphics too.
The game already has realistic graphics, and with Ray Tracing, it even becomes better!
Let us know what you think about the new Cyberpunk 2077 Ray Tracing Overdrive!