Many players from all around the world report the “CS2 casual not working” issue, but is there a fix?
Many Counter-Strike players are well aware that Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) is nearing its end, with the highly anticipated Counter-Strike 2 on the horizon.
At first, Valve granted beta access to a select number of accounts worldwide, marking the arrival of this new chapter in the Counter-Strike series.
Now, many players have access to CS2, but some of them report the “CS2 casual not working” issue. Today, we will explain the reasons behind it and tell if there is a fix!
How to fix the “CS2 casual not working” error
Unfortunately, Valve has disabled casual matchmaking in CS, as announced in the latest release note.
That is why you can’t access CS2 casual matchmaking yet. The game is still in beta, and many things must be fixed.
In essence, there is no way to fix the “CS2 casual not working” issue but to wait for Valve to reactivate the game mode.
CS2 release notes September 1
Apart from disabling the casual matchmaking mode, Valve has also brought new features.
The latest release note includes map, gameplay, sound, and other changes, and here is everything you need to know about it:
[ MAPS ]
- Various bug fixes and tweaks
[ GAMEPLAY ]
- Players who survive the last round before overtime no longer carry their items into overtime
- Disabled Casual matchmaking temporarily to avoid a bug where servers get stuck in the end-of-match state
[ SOUND ]
- Fixes for missing music in Casual mode
[ MISC ]
- Various bug fixes and tweaks to Premier UI elements
- Various bug fixes and tweaks to weapon finishes
- Fixed a crash that occurs when changing audio devices
- Fixed an issue where players who abandon during Premier map voting receive multiple cooldowns
Featured image credit: Paddymazz