Critical updates required VALORANT error is not very common, but it can be frustrating. Here is how to fix it!
If you’ve tried to play your favorite tactical shooter but kept getting the dreadful notice “Critical updates required VALORANT,” don’t worry!
We are aware of how discouraging it might be to encounter difficulties with technology when all you want to do is engage in titanic combat.
This article will walk you through a few tried-and-true fixes to get your VALORANT back up and operating efficiently. So let’s prepare and start looking for solutions to this problem!
Critical updates required VALORANT: Causes
Update VALORANT client
An outdated VALORANT client is one of the main causes of the “Critical updates required” issue.
The developers of the game, Riot Games, routinely make updates to improve gameplay, eliminate problems, and increase security.
To upgrade your VALORANT client, take the following actions:
- On your computer, start the VALORANT game client.
- Allow the client to check for updates if requested automatically.
- Click the “Settings” (gear-shaped) icon in the top-right corner if no prompt occurs.
- To start the update procedure, select “Check for Updates.”
- Await the download and installation of the update.
- Restart VALORANT after the update is finished to see if the problem has been fixed.
Don’t Jinx yourself– enjoy the excellent lumbar support available from the Secret Lab x League of Legends Collaboration Chair!
Update graphics driver
The “Critical updates required VALORANT” message and other performance problems with games are sometimes caused by outdated or defective graphics drivers.
A game-changer is making sure your graphics drivers are up to date. The following is how to update them:
- Determine the brand and model of your graphics card (e.g., AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660).
- Visit the official website of NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel that makes your graphics card.
- Go to the website’s “Drivers” or “Support” area.
- The most recent drivers for your graphics card and operating system should be downloaded.
- As directed on the screen, install the downloaded drivers.
- Apply the adjustments by restarting your machine, and then launch VALORANT to see if the problem still exists.
Earn gift cards, gaming hardware, and skins for free by playing your favorite games with the Buff Loyalty Program!
Check internet connection
Smooth gaming experiences demand a solid internet connection, and a shaky or unreliable connection may result in the “Critical updates required VALORANT” error. What you can do is:
- Make sure your internet connection is dependable and has enough bandwidth.
- If you’re having trouble with Wi-Fi, think about using an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to the internet for a more reliable connection.
- To restore the connection, restart your modem and router.
- To maximize your gaming performance, keep bandwidth-intensive activities (such streaming or downloading big files) to a minimum while you play.