Changing the original resolution in FPS games is one of the old habits that players do. In some titles, like CS:GO, stretching the game’s view helps you target your opponents better. Even though it’s not a valid method in Valorant, some players want to carry their adjustments to the new title.
Unlike the other titles, adjusting the game resolution doesn’t provide any advantage in Valorant. The game’s developer confirmed this in the closed beta. But still, if you want to change it, here’s the way:
- After entering the game, click the wheel icon on the top right of your screen to open settings.
- In the settings, go to the Video section.
- Click resolution and choose the resolution you want to play with and then pick the Fill option in the Aspect Ratio Method.
The resolution must be set after adjusting. If not, we need to make some changes on the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Right click on the desktop and open NVIDIA Control Panel
- Get the Change Resolution sub-menu under the Display and pick the resolution you want in the list
- After picking the resolution, click “Adjust desktop size and position” sub-menu.
- You should select the Full-Screen option in the scaling mode and the resolution you want to play with once more from here.
This process will change your desktop’s display and you will be able to adjust your resolution in Valorant.
Is adjusting resolution in Valorant legal?
Yes. Similar to other FPS games, you can alter your resolution as you want.
Can I return to my original resolution?
All of the process is reversible. If you don’t like the new resolution, change your desktop resolution to the original one first and then adjust it in Valorant.
I don’t have the NVIDIA Control Panel. What should I do?
Only NVIDIA graphics cards owners have access to the control panel. If you can’t see the panel while using a NVIDIA card, update your driver to the latest one.