Here’s how you can change your name in Fortnite across all possible platforms: PS4 and PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles, on PC and of course mobile devices.
In Fortnite Battle Royale, your style, clothing, and choice of pickaxe are just about as important as the number of Victory Royales you have. Besides your appearance, username is yet another crucial aspect of Fortnite persona since it is the only unique identifier singling you out on the in-game kill feed. Furthermore, your friends can invite you to their party after identifying you by your username in their social tab.
To start an Epic Games account, all players are required to enter a username they like. This username would remain constant throughout Epic Games’ entire library, including Fortnite. However, players can get tired of their username after a while and would want to rebrand themselves entirely by changing their username.
Changing your username in Fortnite is by far the simplest process you’ll encounter in any online game. Moreover, players can utilize this feature at any time – at least on PC, Nintendo Switch and Mobile. The following guide details the process of changing your Fortnite username on all platforms.
How to Change Your Name in Fortnite on PC, Nintendo Switch and Mobile
You can alter your name in Fortnite either via the official website.
- To start, open your web browser and log into your Epic Games account if you haven’t already done so.
- Visit this Account Info page and then go to “General Settings.” Once here, there will be a field that says “Display Name.”
- Click the blue pencil icon next to your display name.
- Enter your new display name twice, and check the box confirming that you understand that display names can only be changed once every two weeks.
- Click Confirm to change your username.
- To complete the steps, scroll to the bottom of your main account page and click on save changes. After that, your new Fortnite username will be saved.
How to change your Fortnite name on PS4 and PS5?
While PC users will have more opportunities to alter their names, PS4 and PS5 players will only be able to do it once for free. Additional instances will be placed behind a paywall, so make the most of your first free name change by coming up with the best name you can.
Although you can change your PlayStation Network (PSN) name in the settings of your console, changing it through a browser is easier and much quicker. Here are the steps you need to follow to change your name:
- Head over to PlayStation Network’s official site and log in with your credentials
- Click on the My PlayStation button that will be next to your name
- Choose Profile
- Click on the Edit Profile button below your profile picture
- Select the Edit button next to your Online ID
- Accept the terms to enter your new name
- Enter a new name and check its availability
- After choosing a unique name, you will be redirected to a page showing your “purchase”
- Click confirm to implement this change
Your Fortnite name, as well as your PSN ID, will change when you complete this process implying that you’ll be modifying your name in all of your other PS4 or PS5 games. It is also worth mentioning that after making the change to your username, you will be signed out of all devices and required to re-enter your login credentials.
How to change your Fortnite name on Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One?
Fortnite players on Xbox One, like PlayStation users, will need to change their gamertags to play Fortnite under a different username. Here are the steps you need to follow to change your Fortnite name on Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One:
- Go to the official website to choose your new gamertag.
- Sign in with the Microsoft account email address and password associated with your gamertag. Confirm that you’re signed in to the right account by ensuring it says your current gamertag in the top-right corner of the page after signing in.
- Enter the new gamertag you want in the text box and select Check availability. It is worth noting that Gamertags can be up to 12 characters long, including spaces. They can’t start with a number.
- On the next page, review how the gamertag will look across Xbox services.
- If you’re satisfied with your new gamertag, select Claim it.